Usogui - Vol. 49 Ch. 539 - Plan A

This is probably going to be my only comment on this website. At the very least, it's my first. Either way...

I remember finding this manga a few years ago, (I wanna say it was 2015/2016) before Team Duwang picked it up. Back then, I read up to the Hangman Arc, eventually dropping it out of the fear that I would catch up and like it too much, only to be disappointed by it never getting picked up again. It was just that good.

From that point, however, I would always try and keep up with Usogui and its translation status, always hoping that a new team picked it up. Over those few years and seeing that nobody was even touching the series, I was pretty sad about it. I could tell this series was absolutely a hidden gem. Then Team Duwang comes along, and when I saw that they were translating Usogui, I was elated. I finally picked it back up the summer of 2019 and caught up to it. At that point, it was right before the Battleship Arc.

After catching up, I thought I'd let the chapters pile up for a while, but when I saw at the beginning of the year that Team Duwang was moving at a pace where Usogui would finish by the end of this year, I was excited. When I finally found some time, I decided to go back to reading Usogui in summer 2020. Unfortunately, I couldn't catch up as quickly as anticipated by the time the fall hit and school started, so I had to put the series on hold, but I read as much of it as I could.

Finally, today was the day I finished it. It's December 18th, 2020, and I'm crying tears of joy because this obscure series that I've loved and followed for years and years has finally gotten the translation it deserved, with the greater recognition it deserved. So, with all my heart, I want to say,

Thank you, Team Duwang. Thank you not only for translating this manga series, but for bringing to us a masterpiece hidden from English-speaking audiences. Thank you for adding the pages at the end of some chapters explaining the foreshadowing. Thank you for adding the pages in some arcs that would explain all of what happened in just a few pages. Thank you for being such passionate fans that you would be willing to pick this series up and share it with the rest of us. Thank you so much.

Damn they left it off on such a cliffhanger, but thats what usogui did it always left me wanting more. Thank you to the creator for this brilliant series and the translation team as well as the uploaders

Dex-chan lover
As much as want the series to continue, the ending right here is the best possible course for Usogui. Both Baku and Souichi already have their loose ends tied up, their character arcs complete. Continuing on from this point would just be awkward. Take Marco for example, don't get me wrong, he's been very helpful throughout the series, but in terms of character growth, he's just kinda... there.

Dex-chan lover
So I think what ended up happening is that Kakerou now has two leaders, Baku faked his death to set up a plan against Gonen from behind the scenes with Kaji and Marco acting as his "attendants" like Eba and Yakou was for Souichi

One of the best things I have read and trying to understand everything almost killed me which was awesome

Double-page supporter
That was an absolutely wild ride.

Overall I'd rank this manga fourth all time

1. D.Gray-Man
2. One Outs
3. Karakuri Circus
4. Usogui
5. Bastard!!

Thank you to the author, translator and everyone else who made it possible for me to read this manga. I truly enjoyed it. I am glad Baku was alive in the end and isn't some random guy on the street either. I thought it was going to be like Gurren Lagann so I am glad it wasn't. Code geass ending was fine. It was understandle. But whether it's Gurren Lagann or Baku dying here or losing everything would have made no sense. Anyways I liked the manga and ending.

Dex-chan lover
What a journey
tumblr_obk519vDNY1us5zbco1_540.gif

Users who are viewing this thread