Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 8 Ch. 70 - Release

Dex-chan lover
It seems like even if she was sincere it wouldn't matter with the prez. He was not interested in measuring that or ever going to let her be accepted and live. She tried out being "good" up until the brink of death which is a lot further than most would and all it did was remove whatever thread of inhibitions she had left.

Storywise removing the prez dilemma that had snared Satsuki might help clear out some of what was obscuring the reason for what's been going on. He was basically contaminating the situation so it'd be impossible to see if Satsuki could end the cycle.

First thought after the last few pages were "Great, can we finally move on from these uninteresting characters" like why the author keeps forcing them down the readers throat who knows.

Also, I'm calling this "self defense" lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Well I can't say he wasn't deserving of that stabbing.

Dex-chan lover
I appreciate that the author tried to insert moral complexity in a story about rescuing people from death, but Akira and her abusive situation has better nuance than "lel I'm shitty Kira, I murder school bullies because I simp for my gf".

May his noble sacrifice lead to better writing 🙏

Dex-chan lover
Ngl im crossing my fingers in hopes he dies. Ive already expressed my hate for him a long while back so id be happy if he disappeared. He makes the manga hard to read for some reason, simply because it adds too much extra drama

Dex-chan lover
Oh my fucking god. What is up with these everyone in this manga? Is Satsuki's final revelation gonna be that there's lead in the water turning people in this school into deranged sociopaths?

Dex-chan lover
It’s extremely hilarious to me that half of the people in this comment section who claim to be on Satsuki’s side are advocating for the opposite of what she would want and ironically are cheering for the exact course of action the Prez would take if roles were reversed.
I'm on her side. I don't share her values. Honestly, I'd be pretty down with Prez if he was murdering nazis and human traffickers or something. But killing a bunch of high school girls ain't it.

Dex-chan lover
It’s extremely hilarious to me that half of the people in this comment section who claim to be on Satsuki’s side are advocating for the opposite of what she would want and ironically are cheering for the exact course of action the Prez would take if roles were reversed.
Because the prez just pisses me off. Mf was enjoying torturing and killing seo but then when the tables are turned, he's suddenly a good boi that only wanted to "protect her smile" bullshit.

Satsuki also gets devastated and literally blames herself for anything and everything if she spots a corpse. She is borderline suicidal with her attempts on trying to save people and.
It's hard to cheer for Prez when everything he does is against Satsuki.

Dex-chan lover
LOL, that's about my only response to this chapter.

Well only addition, this is a manga so yeah the character are all wakked 😆

Double-page supporter
I get loathing Prez, but I don't understand how some people here appear to label him as a noisy (from a narrative sense), useless character. He's a complete opposite of Satsuki in many ways, a direct source of physical and moral conflicts. He wasn't there just to kill: Satsuki doesn't want to let people die, and his role was to make her ponder why not. I should add that I find it both ironic and interesting that, even though she's saving people out there, she's more concerned with the perspective of Death, and only began taking interest in people whose lives were about to end; while he, a self-righteous murderer, is more concerned with the perspective of Life, and was rather interested about how people live their lives (and if they deserve to be bereft of it). Even his (more than likely) closure this chapter has been written in such a way as to, rather than make Satsuki sigh with relief that he's no longer a problem, compel her to rethink her actions and make her consider that there might be a flaw in her philosophy.
Think with your brain, people, not with your heart.

Moreover, his last words are kinda corny, but cast the first stone he who never simped for a cutie in his teens.

Dex-chan lover
"Why bother being good if you're going to treat me like I'm evil anyway. I might as well just be who you want me to be."

There's enough evidence Seo had inner conflicts about morality even back before her 'memory loss'. It's my assumption she didn't like being the queen bitch but somehow felt stuck in the role. Faking memory loss was the perfect chance to restart, but nobody forgave her. And if she's going to get killed for it she might as well kill back. Not like she doesn't have experience, considering she used Michiru to nearly kill Miho. Which we still need to learn the reason behind.

I do however think Seo genuinely appreciated Satsuki's faith in her. And I believe she's intentionally twisting the knife with her, whether to stop Satsuki from feeling sorry or to lose herself in this persona and stop thinking about how fucked up a betrayal it is. It's also important to note the monologue from the beginning happens while Seo is unconscious. Don't treat it as exactly what she's thinking right now, but more of her general feelings.

I'm assuming he got stabbed in the abdominal aorta, after last volume's arc about it, and Komachi would have given Seo plenty of stabbing pointers.
were there any clues beforehand that the memory loss was fake?

Dex-chan lover
After her friend ending in the hospital because she convinced her to not kill her dad, I feel like Satsuki is one step closer to the edge... How will this affect her moral compass?

Dex-chan lover
FINALLY Satsuki fucking called out the Prez.
Seo killing him because she was evil all along instead of for vengeance since she was trying to do her best to repent and the dude still wanted her head was kinda… bad. She’ll go to jail tho, won’t she? Stabbing… is not an accident.

Also I am so sorry but leave that “I killed because I wanted to protect my loved ones”. Bitch you are still a murderer.

I don’t think Satsuki will magically be able to save him since this type of wound and the amount of blood loss makes it extremely difficulto so… RIP. I hope the Vice Prez doesn’t go all “I want revenge and we were right all along” because of what Seo did. Both of them had it coming, someone who knew they were murderers would throw hands with them.

However, chances she’ll go full murder plot and MAYBE be the cause of the bomb (?) that will cause the chapter 1 scenario together with Komachi (who is, at the end of the day, the StuCo’s secretary and will probably turn into a Vice Prez now that the dude died).

Oh btw now the brief conversation Seo had with Komachi makes sense. Komachi is evil confirmed. She said “I prefered when you were a threat to society”.

Edit: My hot take now more than ever is that Miho will save the day when it comes to menance ver. Seo because she KNOWS Seo is the culprit for her murder attempt.

Dex-chan lover
Slowly, Satsuki's mental will be broken ... She save someone to make them hurt another...

were there any clues beforehand that the memory loss was fake?
It's not clue, but Shiina know Seo too well. I think start from ch 59. Keep reading what Shiina say every chapter can lead to that. I think.

Or maybe someone smack Seo's head to regain memory loss?

Dex-chan lover
Because the prez just pisses me off. Mf was enjoying torturing and killing seo but then when the tables are turned, he's suddenly a good boi that only wanted to "protect her smile" bullshit.

Satsuki also gets devastated and literally blames herself for anything and everything if she spots a corpse. She is borderline suicidal with her attempts on trying to save people and.
It's hard to cheer for Prez when everything he does is against Satsuki.
It’s not about “cheering for the Prez.” Satsuki doesn’t like him either. It’s about how one thinks the world should work. Everyone in this thread cheering for his death, without realizing him dying in that way 100% validates his world view. If the Prez dies here I doubt he has a single regret. Ideologically he defeats Satsuki if he dies here. And the fact you guys are cheering for his death simply because you don’t like him and he makes you mad makes you no different from him. Remember, Prez’s first kill was also someone awful who everyone would hate.

Users who are viewing this thread