Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 9 Ch. 80 - Lying

Dex-chan lover
577pA2LtDfg.jpg

Man, this is so fucking sad :angery::angery::angery:

Dex-chan lover
Fuck… The fact she trained herself from a young age to be so detached from death that when yet another important person in her life passed she was void of any grief. It’s not really her fault, it’s her trauma.

She lost her father knowing he would die, then her mom got scared that she’d be ostracised for her premonitions (that are very much true). Years later she knows her mom is about to die, the only one who knew her secret and believed in her. She tries to off herself based on the very childish albeit extremely tragic logic that “if I am not here, the black [pain] will go away”. Her mom dies telling her to beware of how dangerous it could be if people know what she sees. She goes to live with family while forcing herself to do as her late mom says, and by the time another close person was “black all over” she denied her feelings so much it ultimately came down to “I am relieved that the worry is now gone because the black is gone (the premonition was fulfilled)”, since she couldn’t exactly claim her cousin (?) was going to die soon and then see people around her look at her like a freak/bringer of bad news.

Yeah, Komako is a victim of her own connection to the supernatural, a bit similar to Satsuki’s tragedy of deciding to avoid the corpse of her mom and failing to notice it was a premonition and distinguishing reality from premonition, but I’d argue it’s even worse because, sadly, the girl is right… people around her seem to die quite a lot. And it may contradict what I said last chapter that correlation doesn’t mean causation but the fact people close to her, not only acquaintances, are dying a lot, feels like a curse.

I think Komachi’s arc will end with her finally offing herself because the belief she’s the reason death is all around the school will become so strong she’s just go “aight imma head out, not like I have anything to lose”.

So my conclusion is that she’s not inherently evil, but the antichrist in the making. :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
Suprisingly she got a well direct before her mom gone.
Which is why i can't really see how she go from "I want to spend more time with mom too, if i die maybe the black will gone as well" to "Cheer up, now we don't have to worry about your daughter anymore now that she die" :thonk:

Users who are viewing this thread