Villainess Level 99 ~I May Be the Hidden Boss but I'm Not the Demon Lord~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
"Miss Eumiella, thank you for coming"
- Thank you, I didn't had a choice.

I never read the novel, but...

For the love a god.

Please use use Raincarnaton genre wisely author. I'm getting sick by Yes Man/Woman Protagonist. Stop being pawn. You are not naive teeneger.

Double-page supporter
With all the spoilers I've read in the comments I'm looking forward to what happens next.

Thank you for the update!

Haha, I love this iteration of isekai where the heroine is literally the strongest character and is so deadpan and unwilling to engage in anything troublesome.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh I'm glad to see this one's alive. I was wondering if I'd ever see another chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
Dammit this is so fucken good hahah she’s basically a god at this point. She’s like Saitama from OPM haha, Honestly would be funny if she starts getting desensitized to everyone’s abilities because she’s such a monster and just wants someone who can fight on par with her.

Dex-chan lover
At least the king and queen aren't complete idiots, even though how their son acts speaks volumes and he did order a surprise attack on a little girl.

Dex-chan lover
@frenchfry She's not quite that OP though, she CAN be defeated if the heroine and the capture targets reach lv99, and equip all the best equipment. Although it would still be a hard fight for them, it would probably be near impossible if she also equipped the best equipment too though.

@Kizuro
is the gamer reasoning (the gid gud) versus an in-universe common reasoning (one life too much risk to do so)

@SilentStorm
also about both royals
while is perfectly fine keep secrets as matter of life and death for the state like any respectable nation do, is debatable in this chase considering that demon lord was an hero betrayed by said nation and now royalty fears our MC renew the cycle again (thus ommiting that piece of info until the last moment), taking into account how shit was treated before; kinda fitting how original game developed when said "cycle" did close

Double-page supporter
It's nice to see characters with a brain. I guess this is the difference between shoujo and shounen.

I really like this manga and heroine (that decision to evade by bowing, the exchange between the king switching sword/shield), but it really feels like the author has a bit of a victim complex, seriously. This is precisely the fantasy of "I get discriminated because of my (read:Asian) looks, but I'm so badass that all the suckers have to eat their feet, I serve JUSTICE" that so many people, it seems, wish they could do. And the wishing is not in being so badass they can shock everyone. The main wishing is to be victimized, surrounded by bigoted idiots, so that they can use their "normal" common sense and hard work and attitude to get this justice-high. It just reeks of being for people who have not been regularly targeted, only heard of that kind of discrimination, that WANT to be. Not to be mistaken with stories reflecting actual racial/colorist adversity or even OP fantasies that are cathartic because the fantasy is focused on being OP to beat up bigots that resonate with actual typical irl bigots. Not even going into the possibility of replacing the colorism and racism that happens in these people's lives against other POC.

This rant just poured out, and I ended up writing a lot... I don't think I'm as mad about it as I wrote, but it is well lodged in the back of my mind as I enjoy this manga. Heroine is so sweet though; it's the setting that is a bad trope

Dex-chan lover
Heh. A nice exchange. Looks like the king and queen are, at the very least, good a ruling and diplomacy. Or at least, they know basic courtesy and how to be polite

Also nice that she didn't fall for it to. Her deadpan face was great and kinda adorable throughout, but she ain't no dummy. She just doesn't care about most of this tiring stuff.
...And apparently she lacks the common sense of this world, but that seems more like a them problem. Her method is indeed efficient, and the reward matches the risk..

@Leo80221
That's assuming that she was level 99 in the game though. Considering it seems that maxing out your level in the game was the brute-force method to beating her, she might not have even been at full potential there.

Users who are viewing this thread