Warikitta Kankei desukara - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if this will just pan out as "friend that was in love but didn't take the shot and now regrets" story line or if something interesting will happen.

Also, @jadeblanket, thanks for the upload.

Dex-chan lover
As has been noted before, this manga is just filled with terrible people. Aya is pretty obviously in love with Sei (and in denial). Sei is in love with Yoru and is trying to love Aya, but we aren't sure how seriously she is trying. Based on her texting a photo of Aya naked to Haruki, she probably isn't particularly serious about Aya.

Haruki is a bit of a rapist (but so is Sei to even worse degree) and a stalker, and her feelings towards Aya showcased in this chapter thoroughly disgust me. She apparently loves how Aya looks "listless, like she's given up on life". This, along with earlier statements by Haruki (such as "don't change"), implies that what Haruki is upset that Aya is less depressed and is gaining a bit of motivation in life. If I had a friend who constantly looked as dejected as Aya does, I would be seriously concerned, not doing nothing and thinking how attractive it is.

So yeah, all of the main three characters are pretty bad people. Aya is ironically the least bad or at least the most pitiable because she's trapped between her attitude towards life, her feelings for Sei, Sei's lack of feelings towards her, and Haruki's feelings towards her.

Just a matter of time I think until Mochida tells the math teacher that he doesn't have a chance because Sei is a lesbian into teenagers, and when that happens, Sei's professional life will be thoroughly wrecked.

Dex-chan lover
Haruki isn't a rapist, she's just a pushy hormonal teen girl who's confused about her feelings and wants to but doesn't know how to protect her love from harm. And those manga aren't even meant to be realistic ninnthe first place. So applying boundaries like a real human would irl would make the story dull, limit the creative freedom of the artist and defeat the purpose of being a smut ecchi yuri manga. People consume manga like this for the exaggerated, unreasonable passion and angst.

Dex-chan lover
@mmosimca
Bet you never read Kodama Naoko Works before.
Have you read TMNR works as well?
How about Takemiya Jin?

Or something like Kuzu no Honkai as well for more even confusing relationship.

Bad character as in what?
They're bad because they're unrealistic or not what you're expecting?

Welcome to Yuri World mate,
Not everything is sunny and rainbow with blushing, romance, comedy and happy ending.

@Yourself
The manga is pretty popular in Japan just saying.
It went out of stock a week ago.

Japanese has different taste than others, look at Kitanai Kimi. You called it disgusting but it somehow made it to top 10 Yuri Navi.

It is a story, it was meant to be exaggerated but The story writing is far from thing I consider "bad".

Reminds me if there's something that and haven't out from my mind recently it might be Kanojo to Camera. (Also Yuri)
That was an awful read.
The manga might not be fully translated yet but I got the gist why it shouldn't.

Contributor
Thanks, I didn't need to be reminded again why is Haruki the worst girl in this...

This problem, like many problems in life, can easily be solved with a lesbian threesome.

Dex-chan lover
@Yourself
Haruki isn't a rapist, she's just a pushy hormonal teen girl who's confused about her feelings and wants to but doesn't know how to protect her love from harm.
I certainly agree with this much. I'm not saying (and you did not say) that Haruki's behavior was within appropriate bounds; she crossed lines that she shouldn't cross.

Dex-chan lover
@Xaelath Nah, sorry I wasn't clear. None of the criticism I had for the characters or their choices was intended as a criticism of the author at all. If anything, the characters are more realistic than most Yuri manga because of how flawed they are.

@Oeconomist Honestly, the first two panels of page 26 make me more sure that Haruki isn't a very good person than her pushing Aya down (though that is obviously not good either).

@Trudybomb It is possible that Sei is aiming for that, too. Sending a photo of Aya in bed to Haruki would have no good outcomes except arguably that one (or I guess Sei could hate Haruki enough to want to make her feel jealous, but that's a stretch I think).

Dex-chan lover
@mmosimca

You seem to be reading that as something such as passive sadism or as cruel indifference. But what if you read it as fellow-feeling? Haruki had herself plainly given-up on some things (such as the possibility of romance with Aya).

By the way, though I really dislike Sei, let me suggest that, on some level, she may be trying to provoke Haruki into wresting Aya from her.

Dex-chan lover
@mmosimca
There's 3 2 kind of Yuri cmiiw
1. The sunshine and rainbow one, mostly blushes, romcom, school life setting, slice of life, lacks of tension and drama (even there is one, it was mostly light), just happy stuff. Mostly unrealistic. Very common and mostly the one that normal people consume.

2. Then the bitter one, heavily thrown with drama (sometimes nonsense, irrational, hard to swallow) bad characters you mentioned, The characters involved aren't only school student, sexual content and stuff. Sometimes into hardcore stuff especially this kind of manga or something like that Kitanai Kimi, Vampeerz, Tatoe Shinu, Citrus (ironically included here because reason, these are the modern ones).

People dislike this kind of thing sometimes because you know, Readers are used to vanilla stuff. >ROMCOM

Dex-chan lover
She liked the Aya that looked like she had given up on life, Haruki’s “love” is so twisted.

Dex-chan lover
Now what kind of development could make these relationships even more twisted???

Haruki is weak to Aya (meaning that Aya controls the relationship, such as when she gets pushed down by Haruki but easily defangs Haruki's arguments for allowing an intimate relationship between them), Aya is weak to Sei, so what if Sei is weak to Haruki!??

Given the last panel and the fact that Haruki has Sei's contacts and is already receiving provocative photos from her, I can see Haruki hatching a plan to seduce Sei away from Aya since she couldn't seduce Aya away from Sei. And, honestly, I think Sei is quite capable of taking advantage of a naive high school girl's advances. When Sei was introduced, her inner thoughts were pretty blatant regarding her casual desires to lay hands on any girls in reach.

Double-page supporter
Shits just get more twisted.
But the art and the tension are good.

Group Leader
27d.jpg

Double-page supporter
Did she legit send a nude photo of her partner to someone close to them just to mess up their relationship, fucking bitch damn

Users who are viewing this thread