WataMote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! - Vol. 13 Ch. 129 - Because I'm Not Popular, I'll Tell You

Double-page supporter
To be fair, there's a pretty good case for Tomoko using normalfag instead of normie (especially in the beginning of the manga) because she was a piece of shit. Absolutely no way she cared then. Not so sure about now though. But, uh, Hina (the only one that said "normie" this chapter) would probably soften her language anyway, so no idea what the contention even was here.

Dex-chan lover
I simply learned the term normie before normalfag. Or rather, I've very rarely seen the latter term unless it's people complaining that said term isn't used enough which is kind of ironic...

It's not quite the same but it reminds me of how people nowadays use the word RPG to refer to action games ...the "old heads" haven't penetrated all the gaming-related social circles out there on the internet so there's not enough people around to correct all of them. (in the 80s games like Wizardry were RPGs, then it got redefined to JRPG as it became less popular except in Japan, then A(ction)RPGs became popular in the US while JRPGs became even less common until finally ARPGs were referred to as simply RPGs.)

Fed-Kun's army
damn... that last panel on pg. 3 makes me want to ship Masaki and Asuka all of a sudden! >﹏< aaaaaa— what should i do? should i write something about them instead... lol, but i'm afraid it'd become cringey instead! >﹏<

also, Yuri in pg. 5 be like; “...i'm watching you—” ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

Fed-Kun's army
2nd to last panel really had me going "oh shit"

@Ambrosine -

exactly! couldn't have said it better.

the bread and butter of watamote has always been character interaction(even in the early manga). weither it's with tomoko and her family, randoms or yuu, that content has always been the best part of watamote.

and to guys saying it's turned into "normie manga" that's some hardcore BS and you know it.

if you ignored the first 60-70+ch of watamote(which you shouldn't because that's dumb)(like seriously, that's like pretending that the golden age arc of berserk didn't happen)and have it start after the Kyoto arc, then it would probably be a pretty basic-ass sol manga, but Because it had those first 60-70+ch that showed the struggles of a socially awkward high school student to give context to the later half of the manga, the context is completely different. the most mundane of story beats in a SOL manga/anime would have me yawning nonstop the whole way through(cafe dates, school trips, parties, school events, etc), but here? their like massive events used to celebrate the progression of tomoko as a socially aware person, and they always have me excited at all the juicy and hilarious character interaction that will come from it.

unlike other sol manga/anime, watamote earns it's SOL element's and makes them league's more interesting than other sol anime by contrasting itself with the early part of its manga.
what does BS mean? sorry I'm not very fluent in english

Dex-chan lover
No, imo this is the best direction Watamote could have gone. All the earlier things are paying off now, there's actual character and plot development, and seriously the author writes good characters and I always enjoy seeing them grow as well. I highly doubt I would have read 129 chapters of a gag manga that never developed, but now I'm ranking this as one of the best mangas I've read and I'm seriously invested in this manga, especially as the author has shown that they can write serious situations well and have realistic developments while still keeping things hilarious.
I KNOW RIGHTTTTT

Daym this chapter was top 10 anime fights with sakuga animation, proper foreshadowing, each character's disposition and strength of will carrying them to their fated resolution.
It's just... so peak 😭😭😭

Ngl I was more excited with this than Sukuna vs Mahoraga

@RetroFM for real, pisses me off how people have tried to soften the term with "normie" like they are so afraid of using the word fag.

Anyways excellent chapter, this is easily becoming a fave of mine.
me when people don't say slurs: 🤬

why're there so many dumbasses who read this manga lmao, learn to touch grass like Tomoko did

Dex-chan lover
No, imo this is the best direction Watamote could have gone. All the earlier things are paying off now, there's actual character and plot development, and seriously the author writes good characters and I always enjoy seeing them grow as well. I highly doubt I would have read 129 chapters of a gag manga that never developed, but now I'm ranking this as one of the best mangas I've read and I'm seriously invested in this manga, especially as the author has shown that they can write serious situations well and have realistic developments while still keeping things hilarious.
Insane that this comment was 5 years ago... and the account owner hasn't been on it for about a year but i completely agree, this was the perfect direction that it could have gone... from it just being trauma gags to amazing character development!!!

I'm really surprised i ended up liking it as much as i do right now, i just love seeing tomoko truly become the person she deserves, she deserves to be happy regardless of how cringy and edgy she was.

also that lil beef between Nemo & Akane was pretty interesting and also crazy to think they appeared very early in the manga and tomoko even points out that she is now hanging with them it truly is crazy lol

also fuck these insufferable weebs are so cringy about their 4Chan terminology lmao

Users who are viewing this thread