Watashi ga Koibito ni Nareru Wake Naijan, Muri Muri! (Muri Janakatta!?) - Ch. 53 - Ch. 53

Dex-chan lover
That was a beautiful chapter. The conversation felt like Mai knew why Ajisai had ran away and was helping her find something she wants for herself. Hopefully she can overcome that urge to wish for others' happiness and be selfish, taking who she wants for herself. It certainly looks like seeing Renako made her realise these feelings aren't just something you hope fade away. I was half expecting her to blurt out "I love you" right there.

Group Leader
it hasn't ended. As of the latest translated volume (4),
Renako is dating both of them. Ajisai confessed, Renako accepted on impulse, Mai got dejected and made a fuss because she was STILL on hold, Renako went "alright how about you both just go out with me then?", and they were like "hey, let's see where this goes."

also, bold of you guys to assume it's just going to stop at Mai and Ajisai lmao
as far as I know, this is genuinely a yuri harem romcom
It really made me realize how Renako's answer to Mai is just the usual "Studying is my priority" or "I just want to be friend" excuse/subtle rejection when a person you don't particularly like confessed to you, but if the one you like confessed to you, it's an instant yes.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I would rather take a break from the translation to wait for the manga to enter Vol. 4 territory, that way manga reader could go from the ending of Vol. 3 straight to Vol. 4 without waiting for months.
I totally get this point, but we'll wait the same number of months either way. If the translator pauses — and if (mirabile dictu!) no one snipes — then we will wait that many months before the consequently planned butthanger, which will consequently be nerfed, but the ending of the prior chapter will then become a de facto butthanger (perhaps somehow less annoying).

Dex-chan lover
I'm not that into poly but come on. You have a thing here that would work wonders

Actually after this series, I aware why I like Harem Genre.

This time if Renako choose Mai, Ajisai will be sad and if Renako choose Ajisai then Mai will be sad.
So Harem is solution.

Did you know there are manhua which Protagonist just has commited to One Girl and make another Girls just be Loyal subordinate? It's too trash as Protagonist because they can't make all Girls got Happy Ending.

Dex-chan lover
The Truth is that Mai is great as a friend. The Truth is also that she's pushing Sena forward. What's not true though is that Sena should hold herself back on Mai's account. Mai is her Friend. That won't be ruined because both of them are in love with Renako.

Dex-chan lover
It really made me realize how Renako's answer to Mai is just the usual "Studying is my priority" or "I just want to be friend" excuse/subtle rejection
Like... That's the excuse she says outloud. But every time the excuse she thinks is, "I'm not good enough."

Dex-chan lover
it hasn't ended. As of the latest translated volume (4),
Renako is dating both of them. Ajisai confessed, Renako accepted on impulse, Mai got dejected and made a fuss because she was STILL on hold, Renako went "alright how about you both just go out with me then?", and they were like "hey, let's see where this goes."

also, bold of you guys to assume it's just going to stop at Mai and Ajisai lmao
as far as I know, this is genuinely a yuri harem romcom
thank you for answering! I didn't expect it to be actually harem in the end lol. Since many series with love triangle usually end with at least one person heartbroken.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm very happy people are enjoying this series and chapter
I do understand there are a lot of Light novel readers (especially since the manga was dead for a very long time so most people went to read the LN)
But in respect for the Manga-Only readers and those who patiently waited, it would be nice if you didn't spoil the story
Putting a spoiler tag only to afterward follow with "haha actually :)!!!" makes the whole spoiler tag useless
Doesn't help either when people asking to get spoiled respond with "omg thank you for answering my spoiler question"
Like come on guys.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Putting a spoiler tag only to afterward follow with "haha actually :)!!!" makes the whole spoiler tag useless
Doesn't help either when people asking to get spoiled respond with "omg thank you for answering my spoiler question"
Like come on guys.
It wasn't a follow-up to the spoiler, more like "Renako's problem won't only end up with just seducing Mai and Ajisai." I mean, we've seen how she is with Satsuki, so it is genuinely possible that even she'll get dragged along too, and this is purely speculative on my part. But I do understand now that my wordings are indicative and can absolutely be taken as spoiling the content anyway despite the fact that it wasn't a spoiler and having no intention to do so myself anyway. For which I apologize.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
In Mikami's previous work, If You Could See Love, the manga spends a lot of time setting up a triad ending, including showing an adult lesbian triad that's already together to set up that direction, then it gets a rushed ending which doesn't follow through with this and just picks one of the girls.

This reads, at least to us, like the publisher preventing them from doing the polyamorous ending they actually wanted to do. So, in that way, having Watanare go in a polyamorous direction is Mikami doing something they've previously wanted to do, but weren't able to do. In that context, Watanare going in a polyamorous direction isn't that surprising.

Aggregator gang
...Is she? This feels more like laying down a gauntlet, clearing the air, and making sure everyone is aware of what's going on so that, if she wins the love rivalry, it'll be fair and square.
Both are pretty evident in that; when Ajisai asks why Mai confided in her, She doesn’t say anybody else knows. Mai’s always leveraging her tone above people in these conversations. It makes it way more personal when she shares this important personal info to someone she doesn’t connect with often. This is Mai’s first infiltration to Ajisai’s life. And Mai is used to playing on this 1v1 battlefield. Stirring up Ajisai’s feelings is her goal. Now Ajisai says something shallow before she can realize she’s already deeply in love. Mai might hold it against her later.

I’m rooting for you Ajisai!

Fed-Kun's army
Gosh Mai's heart must have shattered when Renako called out to them and Mai had to watch as Asami realised that she is in love

Dex-chan lover
I'm very happy people are enjoying this series and chapter
I do understand there are a lot of Light novel readers (especially since the manga was dead for a very long time so most people went to read the LN)
But in respect for the Manga-Only readers and those who patiently waited, it would be nice if you didn't spoil the story
Like come on guys.

Even if you know it's happening, seeing it actually happen will always be a different thing entirely and robbing people of that feeling is something I wish LN readers would stop doing.
Comment sections here show a lot of people straight rooting for Ajisai and are pretty invested in the love triangle.
Replying to the angst with ahah harem tag! haha poly!! or even just a spoiler tag kinda gets rid of any sort of hype and I feel that's pretty annoying.

Just looking at a yuri series that got recently updated
Even though everyone knew what was gonna happen and it wasn't surprising at all
It still caught everyone off guard because it finally happened.

Wish Watanare could create a similar reaction without LN readers outright telling everyone, despite how obvious it can be

Reading takes time. It's worse if a person asks for spoilers, and the only thing said to them is a non-answer to their question.

It is not for you to judge the best way for someone else to enjoy a story. That depends on the reader.

For those who truly wish to not be spoiled, the spoilers have been tagged as such. And if they were spoiled previously in the past and didn't like it, they now know not to make the same mistake. So no visiting comments or discussion threads, where that will inevitably be asked and the spoilers will be tempting to see.

It's not like spoiled readers wouldn't see it play out anyway. Some might stick around to see it play out because they know it won't be upsetting later. Plus, in most cases, spoilers aren't even stated if nobody is asking.

Remember: while the overwhelming majority of people following this story are here for amusement, other peoples' actions and time are not for your specific amusement. I'm not going to say you can't be annoyed by others' behavior and lack of desired reaction, but your stated annoyances are impossible to fix. Since the fix requires everyone having your exact mindset, and that quite literally cannot happen.

Dex-chan lover
I do think Ajisai is perhaps more dangerous than Mai in the fact that once she knows, she knows, you know? Mai has a lot of problems of "wait why me" because her character has a bit of mystery to her, but Ajisai is very much speak from the heart. So like I think that Mai saying those things was a way to test Ajisai and see if she back down. Because if she doesn't, I think Mai knows that Ajisai is treated differently by Renako, and it makes her sad with that realization.

Dex-chan lover
Reading takes time. It's worse if a person asks for spoilers, and the only thing said to them is a non-answer to their question.
For those who truly wish to not be spoiled, the spoilers have been tagged as such.
Except like kikouma said there's at least one reply to the spoilers that appears to make it pretty clear what the spoiler was in the first place, although I didn't look at the actual spoilers to confirm it. And either way even a "fake spoiler" alters the experience - or saying it wasn't a spoiler then confirms it will not go that way, becoming a spoiler in itself... and so forth. Even just scrolling through the replies quickly one can easily spot the few "keywords" which is all it takes. By all means ask a question that has a spoiler answer, but don't then reply to the answer without a spoiler tag of your own if what you say ends up a spoiler in itself. It should be common sense... at least if one indeed respects the way others want to enjoy the story.

But in the end I guess it's stupid of me to be even reading the discussions in the first place when there's source material out there that's way ahead of this adaptation since chances are sooner or later some people will be unable to hold on to their horses.

Users who are viewing this thread