Watashi ga Koibito ni Nareru Wake Naijan, Muri Muri! (Muri Janakatta!?) - Ch. 53 - Ch. 53

Dex-chan lover
What's it taste like? I haven't tried candied apple yet...
Different candy coatings are used on the apples that I've seen, and what is common in Japan may be different. But what I most often encountered was a candy that tasted like a cough syrup for children, surrounding a rather sour apple.

Dex-chan lover
No, there are no development Satsuki and Kaho.
It's already clear with Satsuki, she has fallen in love to Renako after the second Kiss(Chapter 32).
Satsuki just lack a trigger to confess her love.
It's just like Ajisai, she just need a trigger to confess.
Although Mai didn't need Trigger, After all, Mai is Trigger.
EXACTLY! Satsuki pretty much has made it clear that she will always help Renako despite how she talks to her.They clearly have a dead beat husband / spoiling wife motif. She helped her with Ajisai, and she tends to know what Renako is thinking too.

I wouldn't even say that Satsuki needs a trigger, just more so needs to be more open with her feelings. Like I don't view Mai and Satsuki actually being in love due to the difference of how she treats Renako and Mai. Renako she is legitimately clumsy around, and has exposed herself in a way that she wouldn't want to otherwise. With Mai tho, it's more like a protective older sister dynamic mixed with sibling rivalry. Like I think they absolutely would work in a polycule situation, but it's clear that Satsuki is into Renako first and foremost.

In Mikami's previous work, If You Could See Love, the manga spends a lot of time setting up a triad ending, including showing an adult lesbian triad that's already together to set up that direction, then it gets a rushed ending which doesn't follow through with this and just picks one of the girls.

This reads, at least to us, like the publisher preventing them from doing the polyamorous ending they actually wanted to do. So, in that way, having Watanare go in a polyamorous direction is Mikami doing something they've previously wanted to do, but weren't able to do. In that context, Watanare going in a polyamorous direction isn't that surprising.
I sure hope this is a different publisher this time?

Dex-chan lover
In moments like this i remember that..., Renako only wanted a friend.
Exactly what I was saying. This is the reason I've been defending Renako from people criticizing her being indecisive. In the first place, she never wanted any of this. She just wanted a friend, so it's unfair to want to have her choose when she didn't to be part of this. Mai wants a relationship while Renako doesn't. Everything should've ended right then and there but Mai forced herself unto Renako and now it's Renako's fault she couldn't reciprocate Mai's one sided feelings? That's just too unfair, isn't it?

With Ajisai tho, she loves Ajisai so her being indecisive is just frustrating. Unlike Mai, which was a matter of if, Ajisai is a matter of when. Because the feelings have always been there, it's only a matter of time until she realizes.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, they have squandered that scene with Renako finding them and Ajisai realizing her feelings at that moment. It was basically the ultimate moment of the whole volume. It should have been a whole page spread, maybe a double-page one, with Renako waving, while being illuminated by fireworks, and Ajisai absolutely awed by the beauty of the scene.
Sure. It passes the same message, but I'm still pretty disappointed :(

Dex-chan lover
Exactly what I was saying. This is the reason I've been defending Renako from people criticizing her being indecisive. In the first place, she never wanted any of this. She just wanted a friend, so it's unfair to want to have her choose when she didn't to be part of this. Mai wants a relationship while Renako doesn't. Everything should've ended right then and there but Mai forced herself unto Renako and now it's Renako's fault she couldn't reciprocate Mai's one sided feelings? That's just too unfair, isn't it?

With Ajisai tho, she loves Ajisai so her being indecisive is just frustrating. Unlike Mai, which was a matter of if, Ajisai is a matter of when. Because the feelings have always been there, it's only a matter of time until she realizes.
From the novel reader's perspective (as in more focus on inner monologue and such), it's clear that Renako is just lying to herself and is, in fact, scared of the seriousness of the romantic relationship. Her idea of friendship is kinda lukewarm romance, with fewer expectations and responsibilities. Because she isn't confident enough to open up to other people, she can only allow herself to imagine an arms-length relationship initially.

It's also clear that she is attracted to Mai as way more than a friend. Mai forcing herself on her is objectively bad, but Renako is so down bad, that somewhere in her head there is "yes, take me now queen" leering its head.

The reason she can be more open to Ajisai is in large part because Mai (and Satsuki) have laid the groundwork, and Renako is already aware that she is likely into girls, and romance with them is a distinct possibility in her head. The only thing stopping her is her self-esteem. Because she thinks, she is convinced even, that she is just an impostor, a liar who fooled those dazzling socialites into letting her into their circle. But in her head, she is just a bug that stuck to them. She is afraid that if someone finds out, she will be abandoned again. Except Ajisai, because Ajisai is an angel, who would have never done anything bad in her life ever, so if Ajisai tells her she loves her, Renako will absolutely believe that. Because angels don't lie.
And yet she still puts Ajisai on hold initially and only gives her a real answer after another volume (around 1 month in-world time).

The whole next volume of the novel (we are at the end of Vol 3 and will move to Vol 4 in 1 or 2 chapters) is about Renako's self-esteem, her misconstrued ideal of other girls in the group, and her accepting what she really wants, vs what she thinks she can only allow herself to want (because she's a bug).

Dex-chan lover
From the novel reader's perspective (as in more focus on inner monologue and such), it's clear that Renako is just lying to herself and is, in fact, scared of the seriousness of the romantic relationship. Her idea of friendship is kinda lukewarm romance, with fewer expectations and responsibilities. Because she isn't confident enough to open up to other people, she can only allow herself to imagine an arms-length relationship initially.

It's also clear that she is attracted to Mai as way more than a friend. Mai forcing herself on her is objectively bad, but Renako is so down bad, that somewhere in her head there is "yes, take me now queen" leering its head.

The reason she can be more open to Ajisai is in large part because Mai (and Satsuki) have laid the groundwork, and Renako is already aware that she is likely into girls, and romance with them is a distinct possibility in her head. The only thing stopping her is her self-esteem. Because she thinks, she is convinced even, that she is just an impostor, a liar who fooled those dazzling socialites into letting her into their circle. But in her head, she is just a bug that stuck to them. She is afraid that if someone finds out, she will be abandoned again. Except Ajisai, because Ajisai is an angel, who would have never done anything bad in her life ever, so if Ajisai tells her she loves her, Renako will absolutely believe that. Because angels don't lie.
And yet she still puts Ajisai on hold initially and only gives her a real answer after another volume (around 1 month in-world time).

The whole next volume of the novel (we are at the end of Vol 3 and will move to Vol 4 in 1 or 2 chapters) is about Renako's self-esteem, her misconstrued ideal of other girls in the group, and her accepting what she really wants, vs what she thinks she can only allow herself to want (because she's a bug).
Doesn't mean she's wrong to be indecisive. She has every last right to refuse to do anything or just outright refuse their advancements. That's not Renako's fault. It's theirs for forcing themselves on her. That's why Renako did nothing wrong. Even if, let's say, that Renako is a closet pervert who ogles girls at every turn, she has every last right to not be part of any of this. She's just a poor girl who got caught up with the big wigs, and it's not her fault not knowing what's left and right. That's my point. My point isn't that she doesn't love Mai. It's that Mai should respect Renako's desire to not have a relationship with her. Even if there was love present there, Renako should have every right to reject her and Mai should respect that. That's why Renako did nothing wrong. She's just a victim in all this and I'm tired of seeing people criticize her for something she never wanted a part of. That's just unfair and I don't like it.

Fed-Kun's army
please ajisai be the end girl, be the end girl ffs
i dont want her to get hurt :meguuusad:
she is way too good

Users who are viewing this thread