Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Secret Magic

Dex-chan lover
HNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG
i'm sorry platelets-chan for crowding you with high sugar level

Contributor
@Dezaki Sounds like someone else is a fan of a certain group of characters from one of this season's animes. I approve.

Aggregator gang
I tore through the web novel of this a while ago and I must say, I was very pleased with how fresh it felt compared to every isekai out there.

Some of it is really jarring due to the drastic shifts in tone out of nowhere. But for the most part, It's hilarious and has a great amount of verisimilitude. A+ ! Can't wait to see more.

Dex-chan lover
awww what adorable chapter that was and the cat was the selling point of that

Group Leader
I read the novel so let me explain some things that may or may not be clear to readers.

When she taught the girls how to use magic, they cried because the MC basically greatly changed their fortunes. This is from memory, some details might be wrong. From what I recall, all three were somewhat unmarriageable or undesirable marriage partners since they were younger female children of commoner, merchant, and minor nobility families. As such they would not have a good dowry, nor offer enough in terms of wealth/social position/power to marry well.

Thier futures were either: concubine to a rich merchant or second/third wife to an old/fat/ugly noble.

By teaching them magic, those three girls suddenly became really powerful compared to other girls. Therefore, they can now marry well.

Dex-chan lover
@reika
hope she can do the same for the current girls coz that big breasted chick as gonna be some fatman toy if she doesnt

Group Leader
@Hollow7F

The previous school was a third-tier school for nobility and rich commoners. The girls there were going preparing for marriage, therefore that was important to them.

The current school she is in is one for adventurers. The students there are aiming for an independent lifestyle of hunting and questing. :) I don't believe marriage is important to them. They are aiming to form a strong party to adventure with, IIRC.

Double-page supporter
Amazing. Wonderful. Fantastic. I LOVE IT ITS SO FUCKING PURE AND SWEET AND ADORABLE UGH IM TOO YOUNG TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK

Dex-chan lover
@reika
its been like 3 months...but after reading ch 2 again i can confirm she's gonna be a present for some old man, and that really fucks me up

Group Leader
@Hollow7F Yeah, they would have been trophy wives or even concubines but the MC changed their future. :)

Dex-chan lover
@reika
no, like:
The previous school was a third-tier school for nobility and rich commoners. The girls there were going preparing for marriage, therefore that was important to them.

The current school she is in is one for adventurers. The students there are aiming for an independent lifestyle of hunting and questing. :) I don't believe marriage is important to them. They are aiming to form a strong party to adventure with, IIRC.

The big breasted girl right now in the adventurer academy, she's just there to polish herself to be a good gift for some old dude, she already saved her old academy friends, but the current one is kinda screwed, unless she decides to just escape her family or something. So im actually still worried.

Group Leader
@Hollow7F Oh, the current one! Sorry, I was talking of the first school we saw. The adventurer school arc is still ongoing in the novel translation the last time I read it so I don't know what will happen in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread