Watashi o Tabetai, Hitodenashi - Vol. 8 Ch. 36 - Change

Group Leader
that tanuki has some loose screws

personally my problem with this arc is that it feels like its trying to be something bigger than it actually is because it can be summed up with just "another beast being ridiculously petty and tryna stir up shit"

in other words this arc feels like a method to force developments hence it feels unnatural and lets be real everyone hates this new character lmao i fail to see anyone sympathizing with her
and as other people have mentioned, the pacing is god awful too

one plus is that we get to know more about miko though
For me the biggest problem is the lack of real suspension.
Contrast this arc with the first Miko-focused arc in volume 3. Back then the readers genuine had no idea who Miko was and what would come out of her conflict with Shiori. It's much harder to think that Miko right now would somehow succumb to the guilt and leave Hinako. The pacing problem is really the product of the last few chapters being spent on solving this conflict that would only end one way.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the upload! I don't know why I'm still reading this. The story is not what I expected at all [in a bad way]

Dex-chan lover
They should just have killed this bitch, but of course they wont do that, because then the drama wont start…

Dex-chan lover
It's a Yuri manga tsunami someone's gonna get screwed really hard

Dex-chan lover
Hinako telling she's okay being eaten by Miko, just to realise she's supposed to be Shiori's meal was cute as heck.
Also fuck that monster.
Also also, never fucking bully Miko.
Thanks for the chapter!

Aggregator gang
This dumb conversation we already knew the outcome of had been going on for so damn long, literally since last September, and it's had zero suspense to it since we already know Miko and we know Hinako, so we know this Tanuki girl's plans to tear them apart with harsh words had no chance right from the beginning. Her big revelations are not only not scary to Hinako, they're not news to us either, we saw her history already.
With the ending of this chapter we're finally actually getting somewhere, but it really should have happened at least two chapters faster than it did, and probably 3. At multiple points with these last few updates I went and checked after starting a new chapter to see if it was an accidental reupload of the previous chapter because surely we can't still be in this stupid meaningless zero tension scene right?

Dex-chan lover
Summary of most of the comments: people don't like the arc. 🤣
I'm just hoping for some guro (I know probably never going to happen, but one can dream right?)

Dex-chan lover
Let's see how tanuki meat 🍖 taste. I'll roast this mother fluffer and season her proper 🤬

Dex-chan lover
Maybe because before now I haven't been caught up but I don't get the complaints of the pacing. It's been a good arc and I loved learning about Miko. Sucks I'm caught up now though.

Double-page supporter
Thanks so much for the scanlation! I binged this series and wow, it's been great!

Users who are viewing this thread