[Mainsite] Website keeps losing login. (Chrome)

I leave pages open when I am reading long manga. If I leave one open overnight, I often find that I am no longer logged in. This usually shows up when I hit the end of chapters and jump to the manga page, only to find out it hasn't tracked all the chapters I have read.

Solution
This is still happening to me, and at a typical rate of which seems to be every 30 minutes while I'm using the site, active or idle, mobile or desktop, regardless of browser, with and without a VPN, on every network I use. It is really damn annoying and has still been going on for months.
It's gotten WAY worse in the last week. I can't even finish a chapter before getting logged out anymore. I have to refresh my browser to renew my logon and manually click read after each chapter now.
We had an issue around two weeks ago with caching that would cause login sessions to last under an hour and fail to refresh, try manually clearing all existing cache/site data for MD because you might still have remnants of that lying...
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
This is still happening to me, and at a typical rate of which seems to be every 30 minutes while I'm using the site, active or idle, mobile or desktop, regardless of browser, with and without a VPN, on every network I use. It is really damn annoying and has still been going on for months.
It's gotten WAY worse in the last week. I can't even finish a chapter before getting logged out anymore. I have to refresh my browser to renew my logon and manually click read after each chapter now.
We had an issue around two weeks ago with caching that would cause login sessions to last under an hour and fail to refresh, try manually clearing all existing cache/site data for MD because you might still have remnants of that lying around.

If you're still having issues after that, check browser addons/browser config for anything that mentions "history/cache/site data/logins/cookies/session tokens" and make sure you're not accidentally nuking your own credentials. Some browsers (like Librewolf) wipe localstorage on tab close/browser shutdown, and that'll log you out too.

Solution
Dex-chan lover
We had an issue around two weeks ago with caching that would cause login sessions to last under an hour and fail to refresh, try manually clearing all existing cache/site data for MD because you might still have remnants of that lying around.

If you're still having issues after that, check browser addons/browser config for anything that mentions "history/cache/site data/logins/cookies/session tokens" and make sure you're not accidentally nuking your own credentials. Some browsers (like Librewolf) wipe localstorage on tab close/browser shutdown, and that'll log you out too.

I did not find any sessions tokens on the main site for either mobile or desktop, but I did clear my cache. 2 weeks later the log outs continue but at a smaller frequency, like once every hour and a half

Dex-chan lover
Use Chrome on laptop, get logged out at seeming random every few hours. Sometimes takes several hours, sometimes just a couple. I know I can (usually) refresh a page to get it logged back in, but it still makes reading with multiple tabs open a huge pain the ass.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army

Users who are viewing this thread