What It Means to Be You - Ch. 6

It's great that you guys are so enlightened, it's 2021 after all.. But think about the time period and level of psychological understanding in the story's setting before you spout off how abusive and wrong he is. There are no free pamphlets, suicide hotlines, support websites, etc, in this story. Their society as a whole doesn't know any better at this point. So please lower your blood pressure 💙

Feel like there are some misunderstandings between them, but he's being a piece of shit right now nonetheless

Dex-chan lover
@genona sure, the other people in this time period seem to be your typical apathetic jerks, but even compared to their "normal" the MC is behaving horrendously. I'm sure he'll eventually get the message, but until that time he is basically literal human trash.

Group Leader
See. It doesn't matter if it has any historical backing or not. I hate his guts and simple as that. I mean, there are places u can sympathize with him ofc. But sympathy isn't exactly an obligation now is it. I can't care less about someone I dislike, or rather I wish he'd suffer. I hope they don't make up. I hope she finds happiness elsewhere.

We all know it won't happen cause ya know, plot. But one can wish.

this is like an actual thing i struggle with all the time that i could never explain to other people: “my feelings are not valid, i have no right to be feeling this way because other people have it harder than me.”

poor fl, i just wanna hug her and tell her that she’s loved. she’s so beautiful and compassionate, i truly admire her character. i also wanna tell ml he is loved and that there is actually someone that cares about him: his wife. can’t wait for their relationship development

@genona this story isn't exactly historically accurate. If they can have magic, then they can have 21st century morals too.

What I can see from this webtoon is pain and trauma come from both physically and mentally. So people have to acknowledge both of them being equally painful. And that both cause how their personality and/or way of thinking being shaped.
So, I hope that both of them will become better and release themselves from their own trauma, put down their ego, and understand each other better :(

man, we know you've had a hard life but that doesn't mean other people can't also have tough lives??

they need to switch bodies more to understand each others' background bc obviously they're not gonna talk to each other with all these misunderstandings gahhh

Just wanna say that comparing what you've gone through with other people isn't the way to go. Each and every person's trauma or pain is valid. 'I/You went through something worse' doesn't give the person an excuse to invalidate another's hurt.

Pain is pain no matter what. Hurt is hurt no matter what. Trauma is trauma no matter what. All the same, no one deserves to suffer in any way.

Dex-chan lover
This is getting good. Also I'm surprised by the actually thoughtful discussion in the comment section lmao

He has got to keep his cool. Damn boy, chile, stop jumping to conclusions and assuming things. You are not the only one allowed to feel sad or hurt. I like how calm she's being right now, but it seems like she has nothing left to lose which is really depressing

Hm..so apparently he’s been sending her dresses but she never received them?? Also these two really gotta sit down and talk ;7;

seriously why are all the male leads like this
i’m so freaking tired of manhwa mls being so freaking shitty
does it hurt to have a decent human for an ml?

Users who are viewing this thread