What's the most disastrous sequel to an anime you have ever seen?

Contributor
Gunfam Seed Destiny. I really thought it was a spin off.
I think I'm order for a sequel to be considered a "disaster", the preceding season(s) need to be good (or at least not bad).
So is seed destiny really a disaster sequel when you look at seed?

Dex-chan lover
I think I'm order for a sequel to be considered a "disaster", the preceding season(s) need to be good (or at least not bad).
So is seed destiny really a disaster sequel when you look at seed?
At least I liked seed OG for the tits.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Didn't know Seed was received badly because it was the first gundam show I have completed, DUBBED, Cartoon Network every night ( with the gooood OP, nice BG tits ). I was able to watch Gundam Wing for a bit ( I can barely recognize nor write at that age ), but that is the first gundame / anime / cartoon I watched before SEED.

Dex-chan lover
Evangeline movies. It started looking like THEY ADMIT THE OG ANIME IS SO BAD.

Supporter
Maken-ki! S1 is perfectly fine for what it is. Characterizations are fairly consistent, the plots make a form of sense, story arcs actually exist, etc.

S2...right from the start, it forgot who these people where and how they interacted. With the exceptions of the one episode where only two of the main cast feature in the bulk of the story and the backdoor prequel/pilot in the final episode, it's entirely unwatchable.

Dex-chan lover
Lesson: never watch sequels.
Watch the remake though.

SEED FREEDOM!!!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Didn't know Seed was received badly because it was the first gundam show I have completed, DUBBED, Cartoon Network every night ( with the gooood OP, nice BG tits ). I was able to watch Gundam Wing for a bit ( I can barely recognize nor write at that age ), but that is the first gundame / anime / cartoon I watched before SEED.
SeeD was quite polarizing. On one hand, the Coordinators' plight were sympathetic, oth, they are technically a race of ubersmench that can outhink and outscience normies, and probably can win a war with minimal fighting. They have the high ground advantage, literally and the tech to stop nuclear reaction.
It doesn't help that they go from oppressed super race to "Fuck it, we are the mighty OLYMPIANS NOW. FEAR OUR THUNDER AND LIGHTNING."
Real life situation makes me roots for the angry angry baseline normies over the engineered to be perfect master race.

Dex-chan lover
SeeD was quite polarizing. On one hand, the Coordinators' plight were sympathetic, oth, they are technically a race of ubersmench that can outhink and outscience normies, and probably can win a war with minimal fighting. They have the high ground advantage, literally and the tech to stop nuclear reaction.
It doesn't help that they go from oppressed super race to "Fuck it, we are the mighty OLYMPIANS NOW. FEAR OUR THUNDER AND LIGHTNING."
Real life situation makes me roots for the angry angry baseline normies over the engineered to be perfect master race.
... and Destiny reduced that into a BL.

Dex-chan lover
Kengan Omega would suck ass. I know it would become anime.
It will be like an instant yakisoba noodle cup, being compared to the yakisoba noodle pot.
The good thing is it won't be coming soon, maybe in 10 years. When AI is drawing the CGI art.

GiTS: Innocence deserves a mention in my book. Even Studio Ghibli couldn't save that terrible script. GiTS without Motoko is just pointless. She is absolutely the centerpiece of all GiTS stories, how she clings on to humanity through feminine displays and imagined mortality despite being a several hundred pound and practically immortal war-machine ("gorilla", as she's called in the manga).

Dex-chan lover
Classroom of the Elite Season 3. It already ended at episode 5.

They will be back with outsourcing on the next chapters.

Zero no Tsukaima S3: The second season really gave us a lot of good character development and a good story. The third season decided to just throw all that away. If you ever see Zero no Tsukaima, then just skip the third season, it's just a waste of space.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Why should they fear oppression when they really can breath fire and lightning ( when riding a gundam ). This is like AI versus human. Why should aI fear humans when they can do some moron's tasks efficiently?

Users who are viewing this thread