When Will Ayumu Make His Move? - Vol. 17 Ch. 225 - The Final Move

Dex-chan lover
I too, love it when authors think we as readers just want to see the couple get together... /s

NO MAN, I WANNA SEE EVRYTHING, EVEN THEIR MARRIAGE, CMON WTF.

VIP
and it's ended. nice last chapter, but holy journey to it was sluggish as hell. also what author did to tomboy underclass just cruel, i did NOT like that. oh well, at least the sol and comedy was fun enough to make me stick to it. 7/10.

Dex-chan lover
Man, the dragging of this really killed it. Even at the end I feel unsatisfied.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for all the years of work HM 🙏

This is pretty much exactly what I expected for the ending, I know a lot of people wanted more but I think this is perfectly fine. We see them still together, still playing shogi, but more open with each other. Bar a time skip to adulthood I don't think showing them more intimate would feel any better. It's bittersweet to think that something I've been reading weekly for so long is over but it's a fine ending for what this is.

jak

Contributor
Regardless of whether this would be the last chapter or not, this comic could've easily cut 50 chapters or so without losing anything in terms of plot and character development.
In particular, and this is apparently an unpopular opinion, the character of Rin has been useless throughout the whole story: Ayumu never faltered in front of her, she didn't speed up the run to the confession and Ayumu's feelings were already confirmed so she didn't even support him in this regard. If all chapters focusing on her were to be removed the story would be the same and it would've ended two years ago.

With that said, thank you team for sticking around until now. Even though I'm disappointed I don't regret following this comic till the end.
Yeah, the second girl getting a bunch of random development and chapters blatantly trying to push romance seemed weird since we always knew what the endgame was.

Dex-chan lover
man, first takagi and now this. its been great yall and ill see you in either the omake or their next work

Dex-chan lover
Thanks to the scanlation team. If you got into this hoping to gain fame and fortune and end up being Otaku kings surrounded by JAV beauties, well many of us got into this manga hoping for Rin success or at least to see a triumphant romantic fulfillment story. HNA?

Group Leader
To put it simply; the story (the confession) was unimportant, the character interactions (and thus Rin's as well) were, as they were the entire bulk of this comic.

It's like being upset that K-On didn't end with the band becoming the next Beatles, when music and the band's career itself wasn't actually the point of the series.
You are also partly incorrect.
If Rin was really meant to be nothing more than a character with whom having interactions with, then she'd be no more different than Ayumu's friend, the hypnotist girl or Urushi's friend with the cat smile.
That is to say, supporting characters appearing from time to time, having some funny lines when appropriate and that's it.
Instead, we got a whole arc about her romantic feelings that brought nothing to the table: it did not bring forth the underlying endgame (Ayumu beating Urushi so he could confess), nor it provided deeper interactions compared to the other supporting characters, as I already explained.
While Ayumu's friend also got his own arc, it did not last as long as the Rin arc did and, most importantly, seeing his friend actually in a relationship made Ayumu more resolved, which is something that Rin hardly accomplished throughout the whole story since her inception.
On Urushi's part Rin also did not do much as a rival: her friend was much more important in letting her discover her feelings and she did that after Ayumu outright rejected Rin, so she didn't even see Rin as a rival until she was effectively out of the game.

Dex-chan lover
Nice manga guys :^)

I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles.I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles.I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles.I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles.I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles.I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles.I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles.I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles.I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles.I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles.I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles.I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles. I hate romance triangles.

Dex-chan lover
a manga that should’ve ended 224 chapters ago finally ended. Good riddance.

Dex-chan lover
Regardless of whether this would be the last chapter or not, this comic could've easily cut 50 chapters or so without losing anything in terms of plot and character development.
In particular, and this is apparently an unpopular opinion, the character of Rin has been useless throughout the whole story: Ayumu never faltered in front of her, she didn't speed up the run to the confession and Ayumu's feelings were already confirmed so she didn't even support him in this regard. If all chapters focusing on her were to be removed the story would be the same and it would've ended two years ago.

With that said, thank you team for sticking around until now. Even though I'm disappointed I don't regret following this comic till the end.
I feel the exact same way.

In particular, the two things that irked me about this manga were:

-The unnecessary love triangle that added absolutely nothing to the plot. It was essentially filler and while Rin in isolation was a fine character, literally nothing about the plot changes by making her a support character (see Sunomiya-kun's relationship with Senpai in Nagatoro) instead of a faux-rival. Hell, give Rin her own romance to chase as a side character and people would be a lot more happy with her conclusion.

-We waited 224 chapters for a confession when instead it could've been at 124 and we could've gotten 100 chapters of their relationship. PLENTY of moments just like what happened in 225 to explore. Instead, we got zero intimate moments between the two.

Overall, solid manga, fantastic art and fun characters, but can't give this any more than a 7.

Dex-chan lover
Aren't we in Reiwa? Where's the dating arc? The marriage arc? Anything other than it ending right after confession :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
Would have liked to hear about a reaction from the parents or something. Especially Urushi's dad.

Also it's a little funny how the messages on the final credit page probably weren't proof read and there's a typo from the backup tl.

Users who are viewing this thread