Why won’t highly followed manga appear in the latest updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason popular manga won’t show up in searching by genres and the latest updates. The only ones that show up are manga with small amounts of follows, usually around a few thousand to a few hundred.

Solution
Default filter for /titles is latest upload, I assume what you're seeing is just a lack of high-follow titles getting new chapters. Nagotoro immediately showed up for me with 135k, so there's no issue there.
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Not sure what you're talking about, the number of follows a manga has doesn't impact visibility here. Are you filtering it to recently published manga?

I’ve check over my filters and the settings many times and I have no idea. It started I think about a month and a half ago, maybe two months ago, before that I had no problems. My filters are clean and sorting to most follows or any of the others doesn’t change anything.

So I looked for the romance genre as an example since it’s primarily what I read. My filters are just specifically looking all titles in that genre, took a screenshot of the one with the most followers and took another screenshot of how many pages I have in total for all romance titles after searching that genre, and took another one to show that I’m not applying any other filters. If you’d like any more examples then I’ll be happy to share them because I’m so confused.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Default filter for /titles is latest upload, I assume what you're seeing is just a lack of high-follow titles getting new chapters. Nagotoro immediately showed up for me with 135k, so there's no issue there.

Solution
Damn I feel so stupid right now, so I was able to figure out what I did. So apparently in my settings I marked it to only show manga that was originally published in my primary language (English) so it only showed those titles. I feel like a fool.

I apologize for taking up your time for a very simple mistake on my end.

But thank you very much for helping me navigate through this process, I greatly appreciate it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread