Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 14 Ch. 164 - Anjou-san Wants to Dance Turkey in the Straw

Group Leader
Steamboat Willie reference (Turkey in the straw)! I'm here just to remind you that Steamboat Willie Mickey Mouse is public domain now~!

Dex-chan lover
page 8 is beautifull i wish someone cleaned it up so i could use it as a background

Dex-chan lover
Wanna bet mr. romance over here gonna be bugging komaki-sensei so he can take the brunt of the punishment by himself and save Anjou from not graduating? :pacman:
They'll be fine, but i'd love to have 1 last scene with komaki being proud of seto before the story ends. :glee:

Dex-chan lover
I wonder, are Japanese readers just not as tired of the old "instant superstrong cold" trope as the rest of the world seems to be, or are authors just so stuck in their way of using this lazy-ass plot device that they cannot change?

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this shouldn't count as a "deadly Japanese cold" trope moment because the narrative use and overall situation they're in is completely different. I don't think it's the trope here, it's just not how diseases work

Dex-chan lover
Do these kids think they are the Lock Picking Lawyer from YT?

Yeah, the trope of getting sick from a little rain, snow, or even cold is dumb.

Dex-chan lover
Aw child Anjou coming to offer him a dance would be something that could heal his traumas. I thought this was gonna be a throw away fan service chap, but the growth on recognizing to live in the moment WITH her was needed

Dex-chan lover
TIL/TIR that:
...song Turkey In The Straw exists.
...it's an old as hills US folk song.
...it's popular in Japan, particularly among school kids.
...it was featured in Steamboat Willie (probably the reason for it's popularity in Japan).
...Steamboat Willie is that b&w cartoon with Mickey Mouse helming a ferry.
...Steamboat Willie went public domain recently.
...i haven't watched it beyond the helm segment.
...it features Mickey abusing innocent animals (most prominently a cat and a duck) as a music instruments :meguuusad:

Inuyama on the other hand would've had 2 kids with Toyoda by now if he could have his way with her.
Can't really picture that, tbh. In his imagination, though...

Dex-chan lover
Oh shit it's been a while since we saw the hot nurse.

Fuck is she hot.

Dex-chan lover
So sick of the stupid "cold/fever" trope. It's so fucking lazy. Just the most blatant plot device you could possibly use. And they ways act like they've got the plague or something. I mean Hell, the way Seto is holding her is as if she was shot in the stomach lmao. So overly dramatic.

Users who are viewing this thread