Yuusha no Mago to Maou no Musume

Dex-chan lover
I wish they'd translate "yuusha" to "hero" and "maou" to "demon king". It seems so chuuni to keep the words in the original.

Contributor
@freakofnature I don't like it when they go crazy leaving original words when they have a perfectly good translation for it, but I feel like for yuusha and maou they tend to have a bit of a different connotation, not just a hero or a king of demons, but specifically the legendary hero destined to fight the maou and the demon who rules and controls all others in pursuit of conquering the world.

Plus, yuusha and maou are shorter than "legendary hero" and "demon king" anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Double-page supporter
What is it with this obsession with The Demon King and The Hero? There has to be hundreds of these half-baked fantasy stories with minor variations of that theme.

Dex-chan lover
>you will never bully the yuusha by holding food over her head just out of reach while she shrinks progressively smaller and calls you a meanie
Why even live

Double-page supporter
@boldmonkey Was likely popularized by the Dragon Quest games, which are extremely popular in Japan. It's a setup that will be instantly familiar to their audience. Most of the works you see now are different twists on an old premise, ie what if we take this setup but make the maou and hero fall in love etc. Like over here we might have: what if superman exists, but he's evil now? Pages are also limited for many works, so the author can use it to establish the setting immediately and move on to the story. No need to explain when the audience already knows the basic setup. Twists on a familiar premise are common in all media, this is just one instance of that. Also authors are just lazy sometimes and want a fantasy story without having to put in the effort of building an entirely original world. You'll notice how many fantasy works just copy Tolkien's elves and orcs and we just take it for granted because it's become so entrenched.

Fed-Kun's army
I really love this and I can picture it as being a fun anime.
I kind of dislike how the Princess seems to be kind of weak and I am hoping that the hero girl retains the mou appearance cause it looks badass

Dex-chan lover
The series kinda feels all over the place for me. Not necessarily bad, but it just seems to jump around with whatever the author currently is interested in and the chapters don't exactly always have a good structure.

Users who are viewing this thread