Zettai BL ni Naru Sekai vs. Zettai BL ni Naritakunai Otoko

Group Leader
I dont find it that funny and i dont really find some mildly homophobic comments very funny/"the het has to avoid the gays", but its nice if some people can find it comedic I guess. Like... If mc isnt interested in guys like okay find a girl lmao? Obviously ppl still be having babies so

Ie mild homophic comments (paraphrase) -> "brother my bff confessed to me hes a guy" "its just a phase/misconception of feelings" and referring to this world full of gay guys as "horror world".

Not trying to say the author is malicious i just find it kinda distasteful. Also i think i prefer other ways to make fun of tropes but thats personal taste xD
Id probably find this funny if irl wasnt harsh for lgbt but if u lgbt and found this funny power to u!!

Lol I knew there'd be someone who'd bring up 'mildly homophobic comments' while passive aggressively telling people they have shit humor for finding this funny.

Double-page supporter
Reminds me of Isekai Tensei, Ore ga Otome ge de Kyuuseishu, just as funny too.

Wait till this guy hears about Nonke BL.

Also, wasn't there a parody manga where two background boys got together during the story of their more stereotypical friends?

Dex-chan lover
the world of BL have mysterious way to reproduction... i guess the mobs works harder that normal world

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks so much. I love the comedy of this one enough that I go look at the raws too, even though I can't understand. Thank you very much for translating!

Not even a Bl fan but this is so funny the summary was already amazing but reading it is just even better LAMO

Aggregator gang
It's even funnier if you've actually read bl manga before. The tropes are too spot on 😂😂

Double-page supporter
The mc just comes off as homophobic with his fear of being involved with gay men. I guess it's silly to expect the author to recognise stuff like fetishism in BL rather than just make fun of stuff that often isn't even genre exclusive.

@petra Not at all. He's not afraid of being involved with people, but he doesn't want to be caught up in the BL waves that he sees constantly sweeping over people. And the whole point of it is him observing the BL and how it happens, and how to avoid it. Plus he's not gay, so him avoiding romantic situations with men isn't anything unordinary.

I actually love this.

Despite what many people have said, this is a story of a guy trapped in a world, not full of gays, but full of BL cliches, not addressing fetishism in BL or trying to be homophobic, but picking fun on the seemingly unrealistic and very cliched plot many BL Mangas fallow.

We see many well know setting like "The Ghost", "The Drunk", "The Molester" and the "Collapsed Person".
At the same time, we see how many Mangas treat other characters outside of the MCs, female characters being either "obstacles" or simply Mob, and, MCs friends looking like your average Mob while the love interest and the "side-story guy" have a better design.
Plus, it also addresses very unrealistic scenes and ideas like on "chapter 5 : V.S Voice Volume" and "chapter 3 : V.S Physique", specially chapter 3 where we see the cliched "he looks like a girl" scene that is infamous on BL that I hope isnt as common or real as BL makes it to be.

But to sum it up, dont read this manga while being focused on the MC, this story isnt about him as a person, this story is about the MC living trough a journey of BL cliches and having to deal whit them on a daily basis while trying to not get himself into one of them, its a story for people who read BL to have a good laugh and notice (if they haven't yet) how many Mangas fallow either the same pattern or have similar scenes, in no way was it made to be homophobic or to recognize serious maters (like the fetishism of gays in BL), it is COMEDY, its made to be funny.

Group Leader
@Cephalon_Hope thanks for the analysis, that's exactly what I think of this manga and why I like it.
Is not a direct criticism of the themes used nor I think it reflects an homophobic point of view. Is a satire of the BL genre. The MC doesn't want to be involved in any romance with guys not because he's against these relationships, but because he doesn't want to be manipulated by this external force (author/plot) that could go against his will. If you pay attention to his narration, he never treats the guys around him with disdain, he mocks the absurdity of the situations they're involved in, but he's always conscious there's a higher power (the BL-making world) moving the threads along. So I'd say this is a meta work over anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread