Aitsu no Kanojo - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Umimi Inami

And here I though it was gonna be a love triangle with the MC. So why does the friend feel inferior when he keeps getting gfs or in the least confessed too? MC never gets that.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying and on top of that both girls dated that dude Takt but they probably like the MC so I'm not understanding what the fck crossed the authors mind to come up with this nonsense. I'm enjoying it tho, but it doesn't make sense for both girls to seek for the MC's validation/attention and at the same time to get involved with the other dude, it just doesn't work like that

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, that's what I'm saying and on top of that both girls dated that dude Takt but they probably like the MC so I'm not understanding what the fck crossed the authors mind to come up with this nonsense. I'm enjoying it tho, but it doesn't make sense for both girls to seek for the MC's validation/attention and at the same time to get involved with the other dude, it just doesn't work like that
It makes me wonder if they are gonna have it be an actual triangle trying to get into MC's pants for different reasons to do whatever their objective is.

Honestly if I was the MC I'd be pissed at both the girls at this point and would have vastly distanced myself from them if they act like this. It's also so weird for the new girl to be so clingy with the MC but want to be with Takt like why would she do that and give off the wrong impression to the one she wants to date?

This chapter feels like drama writing for dramas sake and not what people would do. Also I feel like MC and Takt would have talked about her failed confession in the past, both from a Takt (who feels inferior) bragging about it and the MC who's still his bestie.

Also having Minase locked arm in arm with Takt towards the end of the chapter is confusing me, was it done cause she's jelly of the new girl being clingy? or was it because she does indeed love Takt but something happened and she's using the MC to vent something. Man this series keeps me reading it cause I wanna know what kind of dumpster fire this will turn into lol

Dex-chan lover
And here I though it was gonna be a love triangle with the MC. So why does the friend feel inferior when he keeps getting gfs or in the least confessed too? MC never gets that.
It should be like this so far:

Minase has always been in love with MC but he wasn't interested in her until recently; and in fact there is no indication at all she was the one that confessed to Takt, it is instead more likely that Takt liked Minase for a while and so confessed to her, and she accepted because her attraction to MC seemed unrequited so she didn't have better options anyway. Despite not knowing there actually is an affair going on, it seems Takt knows Minase always liked the MC the most so he still feels the need to prove himself.

Now that MC has become conscious of her, she finally saw the chance and started flirting and initiated this affair, while never having cared much about her own relationship with Takt that she never really saw that way.

This new girl Umimi clearly actually likes Takt and is just close friends with the MC; she knows Minase was the one Takt always liked (and probably broke up with her because of that) and this seems to be proven by the fact that her changeover compared to the flashback has her look much more like Minase, in an attempt to fit more what seem to be Takt's tastes.
She doesn't like the MC that way, she is very touchy mostly because of their friendship and maybe because she intended to make Takt jealous, before finding out he's in a relationship with Minase.

In a way she's has been in a similar position to what Takt is now, having been in a relationship with someone they knew liked someone else more

Dex-chan lover

Minase has always been in love with MC but he wasn't interested in her until recently; and in fact there is no indication at all she was the one that confessed to Takt, it is instead more likely that Takt liked Minase for a while and so confessed to her, and she accepted because her attraction to MC seemed unrequited so she didn't have better options anyway. Despite not knowing there actually is an affair going on, it seems Takt knows Minase always liked the MC the most so he still feels the need to prove himself.

Now that MC has become conscious of her, she finally saw the chance and started flirting and initiated this affair, while never having cared much about her own relationship with Takt that she never really saw that way.

This new girl Umimi clearly actually likes Takt and is just close friends with the MC; she knows Minase was the one Takt always liked (and probably broke up with her because of that) and this seems to be proven by the fact that her changeover compared to the flashback has her look much more like Minase, in an attempt to fit more what seem to be Takt's tastes.
She doesn't like the MC that way, she is very touchy mostly because of their friendship and maybe because she intended to make Takt jealous, before finding out he's in a relationship with Minase.

In a way she's has been in a similar position to what Takt is now, having been in a relationship with someone they knew liked someone else more
Snipped to reduce size. I still don't know why Minase hasn't left Takt though when clearly she could get with the MC and she knows it. It's why I wonder if there is something we just don' know yet cause it seems odd to stay with someone you dislike if your object of want is recipricle.

We also have to remember Takt said "things have been weird since I did that" or something like that so yeah I dunno I just need more info cause it all seems so contradictory. I'm assuming Takt broke up with Umimi cause she was supposed to be moved away for a very long time maybe forever so I can see why that happened but like you said he clearly liked Minase so he took his chance at that.

Still her clinginess is weird and I wonder if Takt is jelly over that being all "Damn MC always gets everything" lol

Dex-chan lover

Only thing I can't wrap my head around is how she's Takt's ex. You'd think MC would know, or at least have heard about it before this point. Though, I suppose it was revealed like that moreso for the reader and suspense more than anything else.

Dex-chan lover
Only thing I can't wrap my head around is how she's Takt's ex. You'd think MC would know, or at least have heard about it before this point. Though, I suppose it was revealed like that moreso for the reader and suspense more than anything else.
maybe it was while she had moved away? it was long distance, they break up, she gets a makeover and comes back to win him over?

Dex-chan lover
maybe it was while she had moved away? it was long distance, they break up, she gets a makeover and comes back to win him over?
Thats usually something you tell your best friend though? Like he has no reason not to mention it. Also how did MC not know of it? Like that means both Takt and her kept it a secret somehow?

Users who are viewing this thread