A Very Popular Idol Classmate Has Taken a Liking to Me, A Person Who Doesn’t Want to Work for my Whole Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Hungry Idol①

Dex-chan lover
ok Its probably just a cliche used alot in writing in japan but do they actually have a "Idol of the school/class" in their schools? cuz all I remember from my school days was hanging around. there never was a "popular Idol/celebrity" at school

Dex-chan lover
It's interesting that the MC wants to be a househusband & the only other character I know of that wanted to be a househusband would be Tatsu from The Way of the Househusband. The girl probably doesn't function properly in her home life if I had to guess from chapter 1. Looks like it will be a cute premise & hopefully it is wholesome. Thanks for the translations.

Dex-chan lover
ok Its probably just a cliche used alot in writing in japan but do they actually have a "Idol of the school/class" in their schools? cuz all I remember from my school days was hanging around. there never was a "popular Idol/celebrity" at school
Surprisingly, there are a good amount of Idols who also go to school in Japan. Every now and then there's news about an Idol retiring due to wanting to focus on studies.

America just doesn't have this kinda shit. We have at most youtubers and tiktokers.

Dex-chan lover
I'm also wondering how many "Japan's most popular idol" there are. It feels like every manga that has an idol character in it refers to them as Japan's most popular or sometimes even world's most popular.

Dex-chan lover
Is it me or are we getting tons of "Angel next door spoils me rotten"-ish series these days? :thonk:
I have seen like 6 first chapters with an almost copied premise. All of them are high schoolers living alone with one of them being a masterchef candidate while the other is pretty much useless and should be banned from kitchens.

Dex-chan lover
Is it me or are we getting tons of "Angel next door spoils me rotten"-ish series these days? :thonk:
I have seen like 6 first chapters with an almost copied premise. All of them are high schoolers living alone with one of them being a masterchef candidate while the other is pretty much useless and should be banned from kitchens.
Its the lesser evil than Isekai copy paste so I'll take it tbh

Dex-chan lover
Since Otosaki already calls him with -kun, stealing glance on him in school, and seems somewhat pretty affectionate for him, I think maybe this is not their first encounter, or even the author will use classic "Actually childhood friend but the protagonist somehow forget their encounters"

Dex-chan lover
I had a time back in college where one of my blockmates was an actress. Pretty big at the time because she had a drama currently airing.

Nobody cared though. She was just treated as a normal person. Being this deified in class for being a celebrity will only happen for the first day of class or so and just for a few minutes, and after that everything is back to normal and just hang out like normal people.

Users who are viewing this thread