Tsuyokute New Saga - Ch. 107.2

Dex-chan lover
I also have followed it since 2014, Jesus that was long ago. Started with so much promise and kinda mellowed out the further in it got.
And as everyone has said, kinda mid to trash ending. Over hyped bad guy turns out to be totally meh.
Axe kun has to be the one behind. I hope.
But what a journey!

Thanks for the scanlating this work!! 🙏🏼

Dex-chan lover
Stopped reading this 4 years ago to wait till it was finished, now I see it was + hopped into the comments to see what the opinion was.

Dunno if I wanna read the 50 chaps now if the end's mid-bad, lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Not the greatest end, just whatever really. Hell, the battles sucked and this was just the worst battle of them. Looks like at the end they put in some sequel bait with that dragon and other labs. But i don't think i'll be reading that.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for picking up this series years ago and completing it!

If this was a real game, the ending makes me think we’ve just passed mid-game into a time skip or the devs angling for a sequel.
It would have been much better had the author injected any character into the antagonist, but I’ve seen worse so I’ll take this.

Dex-chan lover
Absolute letdown. Last boss was just axed out of existence.

Novel might be different, but I'm done with this series for the time being.

Dex-chan lover
Kind of a disappointing ending for such a long running series. So much build-up and the big bad behind it all was slain in a barely chapter long one-on-one fight where we only barely learn its name and a bit of why it even acted the way it did.

There were a lot of ways this could have gone but even then, there is so much clean-up with the rest of the world and characters that crunching everything into a few pages at the end is a real shame. Though the signs of a rushed ending should have been apparent back during the numerous time-skips during the big war.

Dex-chan lover
I don't really have any hopes for that anime, either. Just one look at it and whereas the LN and Manga tried to keep some consistency to the character designs, the Anime is just totally redesigning everyone, including turning Sildonia into open robes with a weird tube top and short-shorts stripper look. You know, the male spirit that looks feminine, lets give an ass shot of the character in the official art for the anime.

Yeah, burn it to the ground, this shit's done for.

Dex-chan lover
The ending is meh. I won't call it a trash ending, 'cuz there's a lot of worse ending than this (and I'll never forget the worst one, for 10 years at least). I would like some more worldbuilding, but at least the main plot is over, I guess.

The story as a whole was going to shit as soon as the war itself began proper. Never mind the bland hero armor design I was vehemently loathing, whole plot elements seem to just start and end almost immediately without any build up or pretext. It likely got the axe halfway through the last volume and that lead the story to be rushed into its current ending.

I was also kinda expecting the last boss to literally be himself from some other broken timeline. That by itself would've been way more interesting, but instead you get this non-impact of a throwaway character that was tossed in just to make the thing end on time.

Definitely a waste of my time reading this one.

Double-page supporter
Imagine following this for almost ten years just to be shown this ending? If this was kind of a "go read source material" ending then it failed really hard. The buildup ( or lacking, thereof) fails to pique my interest and leaves nothing more to be desire. Thanks whoever involved for killing this series. Now I have zero hope for the anime either.

Dex-chan lover
how'd some random nobody with power even convince all those conniving demons to switch sides anyway? you'd think he'd have at least a modicum of charisma but nah, literally a nothing husk of a character.

I also hate how the author even attempted to make Kail empathize with him. nah bro, the nobody didn't earn shit.

Dex-chan lover
thank you for finishing this hoping the older chapters of The New Gate that weren't done by you gets cleaned too since your group cleans it well

Users who are viewing this thread