Mainichi Shine Shine Itte Kuru Gimai ga, Ore ga Nete Iru Suki ni Saimin-jutsu de Hore Saseyou to Shite Kurundakedo…! - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Hypnotic Steps…

Group Leader
Well everyone, I guess that's it. This manga has ended, the dumpster fire has been extinguished.

I'd like to thank everyone for reading this manga and our group's translation of it. Thank you too and Shoutout to Goddess Scans for translating the manga before we picked it up.

Go support the author in any of their future works, as well as our group's!

Dex-chan lover
Damn it’s getting axed? This was a dumpster fire but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed it’s ending just like that

Dex-chan lover
Imagine recommending a manga called "Hypnotic Stepsister" to your parents and siblings :kek:

Also, going by the afterword, I don't think axed is the right word here. Seems like the author just lost interest in their own work and stopped working on it.
Though just to make sure I don't misunderstand it, getting axed means publisher telling the creator "sales are too low, we'll stop publishing your work"?

t28

Dex-chan lover
can’t tell if this was an axe or if it was one of those promonti9nal “if you want to know the rest of the story go buy the novels” series.

but hey i’m satisfied though that I was right

Dex-chan lover
This was really fecking embarrassing of an ending.
Not even in so bad it's funny, but just plain bad.
Tries to portray itself as fucked up, yet doesn't even give a proper degenerate payoff. It's a genuine blueball.
And this antagonist is just plain weird for even existing, like, he goes full criminal for no reason with zero buildup and for what? The shitty sister with no desirable qualities at all?
This entire thing just sucks arse.

Dex-chan lover
Though just to make sure I don't misunderstand it, getting axed means publisher telling the creator "sales are too low, we'll stop publishing your work"?
It depends.

Sure, the consensus in this kind of situation is that the manga got "Axed", with "Axed" meaning "It got cut short by the publisher because of sales", but the reality is that there are many reasons for a manga to suddenly end, ranging from the author's health, to them simply getting bored with their story, to problems with their editors, and many more.

Hell, we recently saw the case of Schwinn's Hanamonogatari (Yuri manga) which got axed 3 vols in, despite vol 1 doing so well, that it reached the top list of Amazon's bestseller.

The reception of vol 1 was on the level of a popular shounen, and what did the publisher do?

Backstab the manga giving it absolutely 0 ADVERTISEMENT, not even on their official Twitter account, hell, their account wasn't even following the mangaka's, destroying all momentum by vol 2, and killing it by vol 3.

And we know all this because the author herself came out on Twitter to talk about the situation in wake of the support she was getting not only from Japanese fans, but also overseas, when the announcement of vol 3 being the final one came out.

So no, it's not always about money.

Users who are viewing this thread