Season of Alabaster - Ch. 13 - Summer Vacation Mayhem

Dex-chan lover
Why does it feel like that was all too a little too pat?

I mean, I'm not really complaining, but for something so heavily set-up, its resolution was so swift it gave me whiplash. It's prolly not over (what with Scumbag Teach still tooling around), but one of the huge shadows looming over the series has effectively vanished and it felt like an afterthought. I mean, after all her gloom and doom talk (and her blowing her top this chapter), Maki is seemingly OK again?

Ah well. Let's see where we go from here, eh?

Dex-chan lover
Yeah
I think so too, the author didn't even bother to explain how her mother knew about her daughter and the teacher.
Yeah, it was a bit confusing as to how they just kinda...knew? And like what @Sussudio said, the author probably got checked. Like "bro, this is way too much. Calm it down". I think it was the right decision.

Aggregator gang
saki is such a bitch she tried to frame the teacher and machida for something fake to save her own skin then mc gets mad at the other teacher and not her??? and at the end they treat her nicely and act like she didnt just do that what the fuck

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I'm under the same opinion the mangaka got told to drop this storyline because it just reeked. The end point obv would have been the same but like drawing it out as any sort of equivalence where yeah a teacher is doing nude drawing on the sly as literal underage prostitution is insane and fucked a lot of the vibes the series had.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you very much for the chapter. This was a surprisingly wholesmoe resolution, gave me quite the good laughs.
I feel the same as the rest here, apparently, regarding the resolution of the matter.

Though, we will only truly know after a chapter or two after this, I'll wait and see before making any deep analysis. One thing that scares me with this though is if the resolution was quick like this because of the manga being threatened by the axe, I really hope it's not the case.

But now the space is set up for a myriad of possible developments to explore many themes present in the arts, so I wonder if the author will start exploring a bit more the other characters, this can be very fun.

Users who are viewing this thread