Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 116 - Return Magic

Dex-chan lover
"We will seize the information on the future from Frieren"

Yeah, right. That'll end well for you.
Frieren: What part in the "Frieren the Slayer" did you not understad... demon.... ?
0xiwhq8ojyl51.png

Dex-chan lover
damn i completely forgot about the engraving. thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
bruh holy shit I got the chills

Though, how does the Demon King know which "timeline" he's in, as in, how does he know to basically shank Frieren in this timeline but not in the previous timeline in which he lost?

Dex-chan lover
will there be a complicated situation where frieren hesitating to kill rivale or not, since rivale is the one who makes stark an orphan, but killing rivale mean stark will never get the future where he become eisen disciple and her companian later on

Dex-chan lover
That sounds like a sound plan, though. Since it is Frieren we're talking about, she can take the slow path. Problem comes with the other Frieren.

Ilike how the Nameless Great Demon has a name.

Ending pic is neat. It's the kind I wish were horizontal, so I could fit it as a background.

"We will seize the information on the future from Frieren"

Yeah, right. That'll end well for you.
It's worked so well for them in the future.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone is going on about the Demons and Solitair being back or whatever but I am Hyped about Frierens OG Crew throwing down, like we know full well what Frieren is capable of but now we can hopefully see what these other 3 Legendary Heros can do... what the Party that Killed the Demon King can do!!
Yep let's see how they compare to the magic invented in the future, I kinda doubt that warriors really changed that much in strength compared to mages that are always learning new spells, warriors only have one way of getting stronger that we know, training and I kinda doubt that it changed much from this generation to the other.

Fed-Kun's army
Kinda weird that the demons seem to be interesting a mage who's from an unknown amount of time in the future. But since it could fuck up the time line if she kills them... This will be tricky me thinks

Fed-Kun's army
HImmel is such a bro. They managed to decipher the spell for future Freiren to read. Most likely they carved out the name of the spell some time when Freiren left the party after defeating the demon king.

Dex-chan lover
I hope this doesnt spell the end of this manga anytime soon cs i need this for at least a couple more years before i prob die from my kidney problems. Or i hope i can continue to read this in the afterlife.

Dex-chan lover
A big problem with this arc is that Frieren has so much more compatibility and chemistry with this original hero party that I don't want her to go back to Fern and Stark who are just less interesting to be with, and whose journey is less interesting than what's happening here.

Dex-chan lover
In Frieren's case I'd say it's more likely:

DontFearTheReaper.jpg
"Komm, süßer Tod" literally translates from German to English as, "Come, Sweet Death", and while most people are most familiar with it as the name for the end credits music for End of Evangelion, it actually is originally a piece created by Johann Sebastian Bach (the same man who created Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, most famously associated today with Dracula and vampires in general with its amazing organplay) in 1736 begging for death and release from the world to ascend to heaven, and as such is likely the reference used. For further reference: https://www.bach-cantatas.com/Texts/Chorale478-Eng3.htm

Nice joke, though. ^^ EDIT: Pinging @zymosan99 because they gave me a confused reaction, and this post explains the reference I gave.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread