Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 121 - Highway Monsters

Dex-chan lover
New release like clockwork! Ty for another dose of Frieren :wooow:

Frieren next to that nightmare jar in the last panel make you realize she's still growing up (and probably will be for some more time)

Dex-chan lover
A jar that gives you horrifying nightmares if you place it near your pillow. Of course Frieren would want it. Nothing we wouldn't expect from her.

My question is this though; who in their right mind would make such a magical jar in the first place!?

Anyway, sweet nightmares to you, Frieren.

Given how often tsundere in romcom get 'nightmare' about them advancing romantic relation with their crush (wake up screaming when the kiss/sex is about to occur) maybe this was a jar made by someone who want to make progress with a tsundere, only the latter got 'nightmare' and refused to ever talk ever again and thus the jar is forever known to give nightmare.

Probably not true but the idea would give me great amusement.

Dex-chan lover
Never change, frieren. Never change.

if you presented a button to frieren that had a 99% chance of instantly killing her and a 1% chance to give her a grimoire that would play goose honks at random times, she'd press that button no hesitation
Nah, she would hesitate. She is not suicidal, since that would mean she can't wait a decade before revisiting a city and able to expect a new grimoire. She knows the advantage of her immortality full-well, afterall.

Dex-chan lover
Didn't Frieren mention Flamme's statue being a man in the last chapter?
Don't think so. Did I miss a chapter, or are you thinking of the hero himmel's statue being of an unknown middle-aged man?

Dex-chan lover
So the empire that survived a thousand years is declining? While it's likely not at it's peak where it had numerous powerful mages and such the Demon army should be weakened too so I wonder what's going on in this empire?

Double-page supporter
Is Frieren immortal? They don't give any limits on her age that I can recall, but Flamme saying she's going to live eternal seemed too casual.
Her nightmare is just being stuck in a crate of onions on the dark isn't it, lol

Dex-chan lover
would not be surprised if the next chapter was about whatever nightmare she’s having… assuming by the chapter cover tho it’s prolly about onions

Dex-chan lover
So the empire that survived a thousand years is declining? While it's likely not at it's peak where it had numerous powerful mages and such the Demon army should be weakened too so I wonder what's going on in this empire?
Probably internal strife I’m guessing. We know through Denken and Gluck that the Empire has constant political conflict. It was already bad before the demon king was defeated as Weise is a city of exiled nobles who lost in power struggles. Without the existential threat of the Demon King, I could imagine the Empire’s unity fraying even more since then.

Users who are viewing this thread