Anemone is in Heat - Ch. 39 - Graduation

Dex-chan lover
Kinda wish Uda didn't confess yet? Everything happened all at once. But it's progress so can't complain! Rooting for Uda and Nanjou...

Also, taller gf's with their assertive shorties am I right?!
It was all a domino effect, stemming from graduation. The main crush wanted to confess to the teacher right afterward and was also leaving the school, which means both girls were waiting for graduation for their own closure. All three of them were preparing for the same moment and seized the opportunity to take a step in a new direction. That seems intended and worked for me.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Here comes the people that have an hate boner for Student x Teacher, as if we don’t have that kind of story in romance since the god damn dawn time lool

we get it you don’t like this type of relationship, but move on? like stop reading? tho i guess people whine about that long enough that now the couple is out of the picture so you can continue to whine about something else i guess???
Ah yes just stop reading because the side couple happens to be a completely tone-deaf representation of an already questionable power dynamic. Should have just been a spinoff manga or something

But by your logic everything in this manga has already been done before so i guess you have a point

Fed-Kun's army
It was all a domino effect, stemming from graduation. The main crush wanted to confess to the teacher right afterward and was also leaving the school, which means both girls were waiting for graduation for their own closure. All three of them were preparing for the same moment and seized the opportunity to take a step in a new direction. That seems intended and worked for me.
No I get that. Perfect timing for plot progression and I expected it. It's not that I feel Uda's confession is rushed... She's been in love with Riri for months!

I'm just stupidly applying real life principles? As in if it happened irl, wait at least a week if that makes sense?

Dex-chan lover
No I get that. Perfect timing for plot progression and I expected it. It's not that I feel Uda's confession is rushed... She's been in love with Riri for months!

I'm just stupidly applying real life principles? As in if it happened irl, wait at least a week if that makes sense?
I could see that. I think it's fine though. She didn't put her on the spot, really--just let her know how she feels and that she'll be honest about her feelings moving forward. If she'd asked to date, I'd maybe see your side more but I get it.

Dex-chan lover
Thats the most over the top blushing that have ever been in any series ever. So easy to see this was the moment she fell completely for her and within the next 5 chapters they will be dating, almost like she never had feelings for the senpai.
It's a fuckin romance what did you expect.... Goku to show up and Kamehameha her ass?

Fed-Kun's army
1/10 chapter… Did she actually ever love the senpai? Cause it looks like she would basically fall for Anyone if they just said anything nice to her🤦🏼‍♂️ literally took her 1 second from saying bye to the senpai to her falling completely for someone new it looks like…
She is a high school student. As a reminder, High school student love are often short-live and she has days to move on after that senpai rejected her.

Fed-Kun's army
I could see that. I think it's fine though. She didn't put her on the spot, really--just let her know how she feels and that she'll be honest about her feelings moving forward. If she'd asked to date, I'd maybe see your side more but I get it.
Uda is one of the few people Riri talked to about her feelings for Prez. It can get a little awkward talking to your friend about your heartbreak when you know she likes you? That's why a little time would have been preferable for Riri to heal but again, mature real life logic vs teen dealing with her first love manga logic.

Though I suppose it's irrelevant since Riri does look like she's fully accepted her unrequited love and has no need for a confidante or distraction.

Let's back to main couple.
At Watayuri, I like side couple arc, but this side couple arc is really boring.
I didn't feel anything nice with Student X Teacher or Uda X Riri.

Fed-Kun's army
i really don't care anymore. I'll switch from skipping through the pages to reading again as soon as this useless sideplot is out of the way and the story finally returns to Mashiro and Nagisa.

Users who are viewing this thread