JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 9 - The JOJOLands - Ch. 13 - "The Absurd Event That Happened to Me That Year"

Skrmbillede_2024-03-18_160533.png
DRIPP🔥🔥🔥
mom i threw up

Fed-Kun's army
WHAT THE FUCK ARAKI
Holy shit what was he thinking with that SA scene, that was completely uneccesary
It serves to justify Dragona's trauma and Jodio's extreme reaction to the viewer. It also helps them cope with the butterfly effect that kicks in later, thinking that everything done needed to be done. SA clearly had a purpouse here and it's not even the first time in this part.

WHAT THE FUCK ARAKI
Holy shit what was he thinking with that SA scene, that was completely uneccesary
disagreed. araki’s use of suspense and body horror is used very sparingly and specifically in this scene to contextualize dragona’s trauma and their striving to be stronger ever since jodio helped them get out of that incident. if they directly showed dragona’s genitals or actual gore or anything i might agree with you, but realistically araki doesn’t even show much directly in this scene. the horror of the scene is made in our minds from the implications of what we are seeing. you are quite literally seeing the methods hitchcock used in manga form. if you consider that “unnecessary” that’s your thing, but don’t act like that’s objective. IMO as someone who has dealt with this kind of bullying myself, it is done well to emphasize the tragedy of the situation while not making dragona a mere thing being attacked. they are portrayed very humanly in this scene.

these chapters just keep getting better and better. i don’t feel starved with the monthly releases at all, which is kinda crazy. araki proving he is goated as usual

It serves to justify Dragona's trauma and Jodio's extreme reaction to the viewer. It also helps them cope with the butterfly effect that kicks in later, thinking that everything done needed to be done. SA clearly had a purpouse here and it's not even the first time in this part.
yeah. also it’s not even like there’s grotesque imagery or anything. no genitals shown, no blood or anything.

Dex-chan lover
Jesus! Jodio be bossin' at 11!
Jokes aside, I'm surprised we got a flashback of sorts again! But, Part 5 gave us everyone's backgrounds early on. I'm just surprised we haven't got anything on Paco or Usagi left, since we already got Charming Man. I wonder what's next... And I wonder if the lack of the pair's backgrounds means anything. (Probably nothing)
Beyond that, so now they're going to steal a mountain by getting near it, and Charming Man is looking for his brother. At least this Polnareff's sibling is alive (Joke, It does remind me of Polnareff and Ermes though) but, that begs to question what is going on..
What if it is like the wall eyes? what if he combined with someone else? What if this company is trying to figure out this equivalent exchange.... Nah, Nah, Nah! Pull off the Tin Foil hat for a moment, from this isn't an exchange, but lava rocks which bring wealth to the person holding it... Hmmmm What could that do to the brother... It has to be something, otherwise we wouldn't be going in, assuming the company has him. But, what if we never find him.
But, if we do...things of value, returning... Hmm... Perhaps... Charming Man is trying to find him, knows where he might be, has found "allies" quite quickly... Maybe the Brother and the Lava Rocks are linked now?
Okay I'll put the extra hat away!
WAIT, no, back on! So... If the Lava Rock is obviously from the mountain... Charming Man states it's like every force possible is making sure he does not get there... could it be that the mountain, or the rocks or whoever is controlling them... oh this is troubling: Values his brother, and won't let his brother go?
This is either going to get messed up or real Bizarre lads.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
When the parrot got mentioned I was like "huh, what the heck, I know this is JoJo, but why would someone bring a parrot on the bus". But the payoff with Jodio saving the parrot was so good, damn.

Dex-chan lover
WHAT THE FUCK ARAKI
This guy... Okay indeed I'm troubled by it, and having my skin crawl, but being over technical this is the third sexual assault in this part so far. Let's not mention the many in Jojolands, and the certain moment in SBR which Traumatized me.
Case in point, not out of nowhere, shocking indeed, and quite horrifying, but not entirely unexpected... Well, it threw me offguard! People are messed up though... It is indeed a messed up world, and the whole beginning goes to show how messed up Dragona and Jodio's lives were before Meryl Mei entered their lives. It's the darkest way to push the envelope, but effective, had me on edge!
And it explains Jodio's dissociation a bit, and his and Dragona's Closeness. "Absurd" is surely a word you don't want to say around him. He being young, seeing Dragona get hurt, it'd be hard not to suspect the worst out of most of everyone.
But, I thank Araki for not being too graphic (Looking at you Berserk)
Bigger question though, since the Dad's gone... Are we looking at a Jotaro situation to where we never see him or, do we have the potential of seeing him again. Most likely not, just another notch on the troubled past device.

Fed-Kun's army
i get why the sa scene is here, it's not completely useless like the one in chapter one. but i think its unecessary to go into that much detail. 4 pages of a 14 year old being sexually assaulted and physically harmed was not needed.

Dex-chan lover
Lesson here: Never hurt Dargona. Jodio will make you pay!

Now the team is going to steal a mountain. Interesting.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting contrast between Dragona and Jodio's thinking on the idea of "Systems" and "Absurdity." Thinking things happen by chance and absurdity, with little to no cause seems reasonable at first because often you often don't know the reason, let alone have any way to find out. But the deeper truth is that everything has a cause, this is why Jodio believes in the system, because he's participated in that cause and effect and seen the consequences of it all first hand. If you know the causes of things you can influence them, manipulate the flow of luck, and get what you want. How the lava rock is able to control this flow of cause and effect is going to be interesting. I wonder if it's connected to the Corpse like in Jojolion, since that seems to be the thread connecting all these similar abilities since Steel Ball Run.

Users who are viewing this thread