The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You - Ch. 170 - Mai and Momoha Become Maid Certified (Maybe)

NIB

Fed-Kun's army
dWOCcis.png

Gods, if anyone can hear me up there, please give me more of that bunny girl outfit of Mei's. 🙏

Dex-chan lover
People are really arguing about whether or not the girls are gay, when you should really be arguing about whether or not Rentarou is gay for encouraging gay relationships between his girlfriends. (This is a joke btw) Anyways, now that I got the funny haha joke out of the way, I don't think it really matters whether you think they are gay or not, just remember that they are at some point are all going to do the deed with Rentarou, possibly in a row, or all together. So I feel like kissing is the least gay thing they are gonna be doing together.

Dex-chan lover
And remember Hakari and Karanes first and second kiss were 100% Rentarou's idea, so stop whining about whether or not them kissing is "ew trashy Yuri, that's not the focus of the manga" erm yeah, it's not, but you know what is? 100 girlfriends. And where in that title does it say 100 girlfriends who will never do anything that is able to be perceived as not straight because straightness is supreme and that is the focus of this manga? On the other hand though, the main focus is them all being in a relationship with Rentarou, but that kinda forces them to also be in a relationship with each other to a certain degree yanno? (Not saying they have to kiss, Naddy never has for instance done Anything not straight.) Just don't start crying whenever there's some kissing or something.

Dex-chan lover
And remember Hakari and Karanes first and second kiss were 100% Rentarou's idea, so stop whining about whether or not them kissing is "ew trashy Yuri, that's not the focus of the manga" erm yeah, it's not, but you know what is? 100 girlfriends. And where in that title does it say 100 girlfriends who will never do anything that is able to be perceived as not straight because straightness is supreme and that is the focus of this manga? On the other hand though, the main focus is them all being in a relationship with Rentarou, but that kinda forces them to also be in a relationship with each other to a certain degree yanno? (Not saying they have to kiss, Naddy never has for instance done Anything not straight.) Just don't start crying whenever there's some kissing or something.
Yes, his idea. Because in the manga there is a running gag about Rentaro thinking that lesbian kissing is a manifestation of the feminine power of friendship. It's strange that you forgot about this, literally referring to it.
And nobody complains about kissing. Literally no one. Just like the obvious bisexuality of some characters or yuri fanservice in general. The only thing that is controversial is that some people perceive this as either a full-fledged yuri manga with a formal male MC, or as a very literal bisexual manga, where everyone is bisexual and has equal attraction to each other. Well, because you know, being bisexual means that you're instantly in love and want to sleep with everyone of both genders around you. This is just gross wishful thinking, especially when people instantly jump to the conclusion that two girls are a bisexual couple just because one drunk mistakenly thought the other was her boyfriend and kissed her.

I like to talk about this often, but this is literally the worst mentality of fujoshi who still think that that kiss scene makes Naruto and Sasuke bisexual and that people make fun of their BakuDeku ship because of homophobia and hatred of "gay content" that is obviously going on at MHA." After all, admitting that people question your arguments means admitting that they are not objective facts. Therefore, you need to convince yourself that they deny the very fact of these events.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yes, his idea. Because in the manga there is a running gag about Rentaro thinking that lesbian kissing is a manifestation of the feminine power of friendship. It's strange that you forgot about this, literally referring to it.
And nobody complains about kissing. Literally no one. Just like yuri fanservice in general. The only thing that is controversial is that some people perceive this as either a full-fledged yuri manga with a formal male MC, or as a very literal bisexual manga, where everyone is bisexual and has equal attraction to each other. Well, because you know, being bisexual means that you're instantly in love and want to sleep with everyone of both genders around you. This is just gross wishful thinking, especially when people instantly jump to the conclusion that two girls are a bisexual couple just because one drunk mistakenly thought the other was her boyfriend and kissed her.

I like to talk about this often, but this is literally the worst mentality of fujoshi who still think that that kiss scene makes Naruto and Sasuke bisexual and that people make fun of their BakuDeku ship because of homophobia and hatred of "gay content" that is obviously going on at MHA." After all, admitting that people question your arguments means admitting that they are not objective facts. Therefore, you need to convince yourself that they deny the very fact of these events.
That's a lot of words, and it's 12 am, so I don't know if I can even really comprehend them properly, but yeah people who think the girlfriends that kiss are gay are bakas. The only case where that is at all excusable is in cases like Hahari (because she actually does try to do stuff like that with the girls) and Hakari and Karane (because they actually have a consistent relationship that very often crosses that line) I can't think of any others that exhibit any romantic feelings towards each other besides those three examples.

Dex-chan lover
That's a lot of words, and it's 12 am, so I don't know if I can even really comprehend them properly, but yeah people who think the girlfriends that kiss are gay are bakas. The only case where that is at all excusable is in cases like Hahari (because she actually does try to do stuff like that with the girls) and Hakari and Karane (because they actually have a consistent relationship that very often crosses that line) I can't think of any others that exhibit any romantic feelings towards each other besides those three examples.
Although Ahko did ask whether Karane was picking her up in that one chapter, but I think that was more just because Ahko is a goofy gal and I love her for it.

Dex-chan lover
People are really arguing about whether or not the girls are gay, when you should really be arguing about whether or not Rentarou is gay for encouraging gay relationships between his girlfriends. (This is a joke btw) Anyways, now that I got the funny haha joke out of the way, I don't think it really matters whether you think they are gay or not, just remember that they are at some point are all going to do the deed with Rentarou, possibly in a row, or all together. So I feel like kissing is the least gay thing they are gonna be doing together.
You know, I won't be extremely surprised if the author at some points decides that it would be funny if Rentarou stays a virgin forever while the girls play with each other. I'm seriously hoping that's not going to happen, but we already have the "king of decency" bullshit, so who knows...

Dex-chan lover
You know, I won't be extremely surprised if the author at some points decides that it would be funny if Rentarou stays a virgin forever while the girls play with each other. I'm seriously hoping that's not going to happen, but we already have the "king of decency" bullshit, so who knows...
It's not bs to not engage in adult activities when you're still in high school. Seriously, take a chill pill.

Dex-chan lover
Man, shippers have been speculating about this since the first arcs. For example, there is a fan theory that Hakari and Karane were supposed to be lesbians for each other, but God supposedly ruined that by adding Rentarou to them. At one time people even literally shipped them without him as a separate ship, just ignoring the poor guy, lmao.
As far as I remember, Meido Mei is also in love/extremely devoted to Hahari and even regularly pulls out the “I’m devoted first of all to her and only then in love with Rentaro” card. Unless I'm confusing the names of course. But that's not the question. I think anyone could easily perceive their harem as polyamorous polygamy, even if they ignore the nuances (bisexual female characters are common in "real harem" series). But due to the fact that this manga is a famous example of a yuri bait ecchi harem, many simply expect it to be some kind of all-female, where any female relationship is ship bait. Reminds me of one reverse harem where people regularly forgot about the female MC due to the author being very fond of BL bait in the relationships of the male characters.

Dex-chan lover
I like how everyone in the comments is concerned about the kiss and not the fact that in this world, apparently you need certified to be a bunny girl
Being bunny girl waitress is serious business.
But seriously tho, working in skimp outfit and heels are pretty hard.

Dex-chan lover
Man, shippers have been speculating about this since the first arcs. For example, there is a fan theory that Hakari and Karane were supposed to be lesbians for each other, but God supposedly ruined that by adding Rentarou to them. At one time people even literally shipped them without him as a separate ship, just ignoring the poor guy, lmao.

As far as I remember, Meido Mei is also in love/extremely devoted to Hahari and even regularly pulls out the “I’m devoted first of all to her and only then in love with Rentaro” card. Unless I'm confusing the names of course. But that's not the question. I think anyone could easily perceive their harem as polyamorous polygamy, even if they ignore the nuances (bisexual female characters are common in "real harem" series). But due to the fact that this manga is a famous example of a yuri bait ecchi harem, many simply expect it to be some kind of all-female, where any female relationship is ship bait. Reminds me of one reverse harem where people regularly forgot about the female MC due to the author being very fond of BL bait in the relationships of the male characters.
Meido is devoted to Hahari sure, but in a master servant, my life is your life, you are my everything, kinda way. Not a "I wish to smooch you" kinda way (one chapter she literally started barfing blood at the thought of kissing Hahari, she doesn't want romantic relations with her lol.) also it's not really certain whether she thinks of Rentarou as some kinda second place, as we are yet to see Mei have to choose between following an order from Rentarou or one from Hahari. That would be fun to see, but somehow I have a feeling she would just have a mental breakdown or something lol. Also the lesbian hakarane ship being messed up by Rentarou being included doesn't make sense, seeing as you only get 1 soulmate max (usually), and Karane and Hakari both had Rentarou as their soulmate, so it's impossible that they were each other's soulmate, as that would mean they had/have 2. But anyways yeah, like I said before, anyone who thinks any of the girls are gay in the manga (that aren't Hakari Hahari or Karane) is just a dummy that needs to keep their fantasies separate from the actual manga.

Dex-chan lover
Meido is devoted to Hahari sure, but in a master servant, my life is your life, you are my everything, kinda way. Not a "I wish to smooch you" kinda way (one chapter she literally started barfing blood at the thought of kissing Hahari, she doesn't want romantic relations with her lol.) also it's not really certain whether she thinks of Rentarou as some kinda second place, as we are yet to see Mei have to choose between following an order from Rentarou or one from Hahari. That would be fun to see, but somehow I have a feeling she would just have a mental breakdown or something lol. Also the lesbian hakarane ship being messed up by Rentarou being included doesn't make sense, seeing as you only get 1 soulmate max (usually), and Karane and Hakari both had Rentarou as their soulmate, so it's impossible that they were each other's soulmate, as that would mean they had/have 2. But anyways yeah, like I said before, anyone who thinks any of the girls are gay in the manga (that aren't Hakari Hahari or Karane) is just a dummy that needs to keep their fantasies separate from the actual manga.
That's why I'm saying that you can totally have it as a big bisexual harem fantasy, but people are getting too carried away with the practically all-female nature of the manga (well, at some point we'll have 50, then 100 female characters and one male protagonist, lol) with the typical attitude towards these types of titles in the anime fandom. Not to mention all this yuri fanservice and bait. But this in no way denies the fact that depending on the character, girls can experience different levels of attraction to each other besides Rentaro's "true love" divide. This is no different from some Azur Lane, where your harem is built according to similar principles.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That's why I'm saying that you can totally have it as a big bisexual harem fantasy, but people are getting too carried away with the practically all-female nature of the manga (well, at some point we'll have 50, then 100 female characters and one male protagonist, lol) with the typical attitude towards these types of titles in the anime fandom. Not to mention all this yuri fanservice and bait. At the same time, this concept of a harem is quite in the spirit of East Asian harems, since as far as I know, the Chinese and Japanese were quite positive about lesbian relationships between concubines.
Yeah honestly it's not really "Yuri bait" as much as it is just the girls doing girl stuff and some of them being not quite so straight. It's not really bait when it actually ends in them kissing, yanno?

Dex-chan lover
Yeah honestly it's not really "Yuri bait" as much as it is just the girls doing girl stuff and some of them being not quite so straight. It's not really bait when it actually ends in them kissing, yanno?
I tend to consider yuri bait any yuri content that is done in a very obvious and demonstrative way to attract yuri fans, regardless of tease or actual canon content. But I've noticed that a lot of people don't like this term because it "kind of" calls into question how serious and real the yuri is in your show. But if you put on a white robe and an imaginary monocole, I would say that 100 kanoujo is a typical straight rom-com with yuri elements. Like a couple of some shows from last year, but I don't want to spoil it because of the nature of yuri in this two.

Dex-chan lover
Rentarou is a true god. He has 100 waifus, and they all have 99 waifus.

Rentarou saw that this was good, thus he kept on finding more waifus.

We could have this as a religious guideline, but nooo, people all over the world tried believing in 3 or so other "books".
¯\(ツ)

Users who are viewing this thread