We Shall Now Begin Ethics - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - The Ideal Teacher

Double-page supporter
Nice to see the teacher character isn't perfect. I have high hopes for this.

the teacher looks like a character that would get raped by mobs in a doujinshi.

i feel conflicted

the rape aspect seems both forced and well executed at the same time

Dex-chan lover
Good chapter.
How can you be in the wrong for smoking in the smoking area though? Where else are you supposed to smoke? The other person is the one who should just suck it up. Not sure where the bullied kid was wrong either. Shit talking your bullies is close to self-defense.

@plonz how else do you initiate rape if not by force?
Both literally and in terms of literature.
It's not like an author can just casually introduce a rape into story and not have it feel unfitting, even if it well executed.

Oh man, so many chapters. I'm seriously starting to love this manga.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter explained a minor thing that bugged me from previous chapters. Namely why Ethic-Sensei’s timing was almost perfect in rescuing his student. I thought for sure the author would just leave it to godly timing. Good chapter nonetheless.

The real question of ethics: Does smoking make me look cool?

If you have a "reason" to smoke, you are edgy. If you smoke in the presence of non-smokers or in a public/crowded place, you are an asshole. You don't need to smoke, you really and truly don't.
The teach can be saved by talking to the other teacher (GASP! Adults communicating?!) and can be helped by weak-knees acting as a mediator. The differences in good and bad are ambiguous in certain situations because there are other factors at play, not solely because there exist multiple view-points. You can be a bad person doing good deeds, or a good person doing bad things, it is not rocket science. It is silly to consider because it is a waste of time. I am sorry for even typing this out for wasting your time. The world is not black and white, you do not need to be taught this nor preached to about it. We, as individuals, can observe that the teacher handling wiggle-mouth's bullying case can promptly shove it since they didn't want to deal with the problem until it was violent.
"If both the bully and bullied did something wrong, who should you help?"- Ah yes, of course, the most enlightened answer is to join the gang bang then "help" the victim so they don't feel the need to testify against you. "humans by nature are all virtuous"- except when they knowingly commit wrong.

Hide me in a garbage bin and cleanse me of my filth! For reading such garbage

@Uvenam

i personally hate smoking and the smoke could cause the 2nd hand cancer so i really get uneasy when people are smoking near me

but i wont say they're bad too,i learned my lesson through experience and i can tell you this,
from the author,he is NOT going to make a 'Sakamoto' here,he wanted to show a teacher who maybe good at teaching but also has his flaws ,hes not perfect but why does that make him bad?

he save a student and hes a smoker does that smoke make him bad?,does saving person make him good? then what kind of person is he?

Ethics is something people might laugh at since its actually natural for people to have ethics but in nowadays,it has become compulsory,its not about job or something like that its about something even more basic that people seems to forget,Ethics

Dex-chan lover
Bruh I love the teacher even more now (even if he smokes). He's my type, and he isn't perfect as well, as shown in this chapter (had some cute shots too).

Dex-chan lover
@Fluffyfish shit talking a perpetrator of violence has nothing to do with ethics; it is not self-defense but unwarranted stupidity. The bullied vents his frustration at the bully only for the bully to double their aggression.

It's far more productive and meaningful to dispel malice than to reciprocate malice.

Fed-Kun's army
The teacher kinda reminds me of a certain guy that drives AE86 delivering tofu while racing.

Dex-chan lover
Oh shit, the teacher reported them to the higher-ups AND their parents, as well as the victim's parents. I'm guessing their school lives are over.

@pl3b

Drugs. They're not violence, but having sex with an unconscious person or otherwise unable to give consent is also rape. In general, rape doesn't mean "violent sex", just sex without consent. A person who's intimidated by threat of violence, social or legal consequences (i.e. what happens when a rich and/or famous person threatens them with lawyers and shit) and "agrees" to having sex still counts as rape without violence.

Users who are viewing this thread