Recent content by aaaaa8

  1. aaaaa8

    Kaika Apartment - Vol. 4 Ch. 22 - Fresh Wound

    Omg the new lady is so hot. Also her story is really sad, I hope she can reunite with her friend (girlfriend?), but even if they could meet, it's not like they could realistically return to their previous life, especially if her friend has already had children. :_: Anyway, I'm happy to see...
  2. aaaaa8

    Oni Otoshi - Oneshot

    Wtf amazing uguisu sachiko comedy, thanks for the translation
  3. aaaaa8

    Kaika Apartment - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Eli, Eli

    I don't think you're overthinking it, Ameishi has done societal critique before in this manga, as well as in her old oneshots. I think the details like her bonnet looking like a halo are definitely deliberate and important. I think what you're saying makes sense. Ultimately a religion which...
  4. aaaaa8

    Kaika Apartment - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Eli, Eli

    Hoooly CHAD my girl Yachiyo RULES anyway the way she rescued Shizuko was really sweet. Kaika found family.... As for this girl Tohko, what the fuck is up with her actually? She has some bizarre delusion of being immune to disease, is it a god complex? Narcissism? The part where she said that...
  5. aaaaa8

    Kirei na Kimi ni Korosaretai. - Ch. 18

    Damn, it got axed...? Well, to be fair I don't think this is the kind of series that would have run for a long time, but this does feel kind of abrupt. I'm hoping our stupid boy will get his wish and get eaten at the end!
  6. aaaaa8

    Kaika Apartment - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - Germination

    Thanks for the chapter!!!! Yachiyo apologised for a sudden visit in this chapter lmao, probably the first time she has uttered those words in her life! Well, jokes aside, I like her behaviour here is different from how she acts with Fuji, Shizuko and Makoto. She acts so free and entitled with...
  7. aaaaa8

    Kaika Apartment - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - Haven

    Thanks for the chapter!!!! <3<3<3<3<3 Ok, thoughts. ....I really can't figure out the vibe at the end there, it feels almost ominous? Because of the use of shadows on Makoto's father's face. HMMMMMM. But his father has objectively speaking only been nice so far. Well, we already know that...
  8. aaaaa8

    Kaika Apartment - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Rain in Flowering Season

    Thanks for the chapter!!! I really liked the dialogue between the two boys in this chapter. They're kind of making a brotherly relationship, it's really cute. I also like how casual Haruo is with Fuji, like, "I'll be your student now ok?" lol. To be fair, Yachiyo is equally casual with him...
  9. aaaaa8

    Tora wa Ryuu o Mada Tabenai. - Vol. 5 Ch. 36 - Earth Dragon

    HYPE!!! The earth dragon and fire dragons both have really cool designs. Thanks for the chapter!!!
  10. aaaaa8

    xxxHOLiC Rei - Ch. 69

    I'm a little confused, the guy who dunked on Watanuki stole the black haired girl? Is that why Watanuki feels bad? Also I thought the Doumeki here was several generations down from the main-series Doumeki, but they say it's only been 10 years, so this must be the original Doumeki then, right?
  11. aaaaa8

    Fushigi na Shounen - Vol. 8 Ch. 33 - St. Franz IV

    AWWWW they got together!! Their life had some hardships and tragedies but I think it's really sweet that they stayed together 🥺 I really like that when Mr. Fushigi's cynicism was defeated by love and goodness, he was a good sport about it and saved them, because the other boy had "won" their...
  12. aaaaa8

    Tora wa Ryuu o Mada Tabenai. - Vol. 5 Ch. 35 - Taking Root

    I don't think it's accidental that the only non-real "animal" in the story is the dragon. They can do magic. Our main dragon boy can fly, his mother can enthrall people with her blood, apparently there are dragons who breathe fire, and now this earth dragon can do magic moving root shenanigans...
  13. aaaaa8

    Kaika Apartment - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Farewell to the Night

    The split personality fellow (called Tatsunori) is different from the dead guy (called Asumi) I think.
  14. aaaaa8

    Kaika Apartment - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - Rendez-vous

    Rip lady. The use of her preference for traditional kimono vs western clothes as a symbol for her getting sequestered (trapped, it seems like) into a domestic life she clearly doesn't want is interesting. I adore how kimono look, but now it's making me think that for some people during this era...
  15. aaaaa8

    Kaika Apartment - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - Evaluation

    I love how Yachiyo annoys people but nobody can really tell her no, lmao. And she KNOWS that she annoys people, she's so funny. This chapter was great, I've always been interested in untranslatable words. And thank you of course to our lovely translator Tsama, I really appreciate the effort...
Top