For better or for worse, it seems author is going for the angle where Kusu and Moe rub off on Snek and slowly change her cynical ways. It would be interesting if she competes for the MC's attention alongside the two with that new perspective instead of as a heel she's initially characterized as.
Agree on almost everything but is MC really portrayed as a loser here? He seems to be pretty academically capable, responsible and rather emotionally mature apart from his over-the-top trauma with snek. He also socializes pretty normally and has friends.
Yeah I think both people who like and dislike her sometimes conflate the two. I've encountered some who think her existence as a good plot device and literary foil somehow makes judging her in-universe character unfair.
But on the other hand there are also some who claim they don't understand...
Completely agree. I think in addition to them reshaping her world view through not budging despite her provocation, the fact the two are actually providing genuine friendship and candidness without regard of self-benefit (Otobe calls her out on her trade) is gonna provide her with a breath of...
I like how it looks like the author is foreshadowing the most predictable of places (catfight), then flips it into some weird trio dynamic which surprisingly has chemistry (Otobe calling Snek out on her sh!t and Kusunoki unintentionally throwing shade by being nice, and them possibly growing...
Saw this and thought about for a while...and yeah maybe you're not wrong :ROFLMAO:altho snek obviously makes her much awaited comeback as a schemer this is literally her deliberately making the two others pout like we've seen a billion times in romcom
I think both ways of looking at snek are fine ? Those looking at her from a plot perspective and who enjoy how she is a refreshing love interest, stirs up drama and serves as a foil to Kusunoki have valid reasons to like her, but I understand those who prefer to look at her in-universe...
Let's see... FMC encounters dyed hair guy whom she thinks "smells good", and MC likely reignites 3rd wheel's feelings
Maybe I'm just too old for drama - even though I know it will all work out in the end I kinda just wanna skip to the ending