This is getting even more complicated, dude has so much self loathing that he cannot conceive someone liking him to the point that he convinced the girl telling him that it's not really love what she feels.
Bro we already got one a few chapters ago when Takabi called Kawashima a lifesaver which...
I was fully waiting for something sad to happen because these a day in the life episodes always have a new plot development in them, glad that didn't happen this time
Even if the reason they are fighting is stupid, I cannot see Nezumi living in happiness after killing her only friend, it would just cement her as a dog for the Yakuza
To be fair Renge has already been shown to have a difficult childhood, I am pretty sure those kids at her home aren't her biological siblings and that lady isn't her biological mother
It seems like most of the cast have a tragic backstory huh ? We have Shiori with this, Renge with the childhood chapter and the reveal she drew TONS of Naruto that she never sent to her grandma, and even Shinji might have something going on given how he went to Engineering school yet is working...
I don't know, it honestly feels like a classic case of "I don't want our friendship to end so I am gonna bury these feelings of mine and be in denial about them no matter how much I suffer due to it"