Recent content by roseofquartz

  1. roseofquartz

    Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san - Vol. 7 Ch. 51 - Garlic

    Do people even still worry or care about garlic breath? I feel like everyone was freaking out about it when I was a kid in the late 90s-early 2000s (and even then, I thought it was weird adults cared so much about it), but I genuinely haven’t heard it being brought up in the last decade at least.
  2. roseofquartz

    Shinya Shokudou - Vol. 7 Ch. 92 - Carrot

    Same here, genuinely love the little notes they include in the end. So thanks so much for it and the chapters themselves! On a side note, I used to like carrots as a kid but as an adult, I can only eat them raw. They’re way too sweet when they’re cooked.
  3. roseofquartz

    Shinya Shokudou - Vol. 7 Ch. 90 - Chicken Soboro Bowl

    Shimura seems like he’d honestly be a great husband. I hope he and Aya will be happy together.
  4. roseofquartz

    Oishinbo - Vol. 36 Ch. 326 - The Truth About Mushrooms

    Off the top of my head, “Yakumo wants to feed/Beauty and the Feast” and Dr Stone both had Oishinbo references (although thinking back on it, the Dr stone reference doesn’t support my theory). There’s definitely been others but I can’t remember them off the top of my head. 😞
  5. roseofquartz

    Tachinomi Goreijou - Vol. 3 Ch. 19 - Yakisoba

    The western equivalent would be going to get a late night kebab or McDonald’s or something I guess
  6. roseofquartz

    Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san - Vol. 6 Ch. 49 - Business Hotel

    You know if Yu just stopped trying so hard (and being so creepy), she’d probably have a much easier time becoming friends either way Koizumi.
  7. roseofquartz

    Oishinbo - Vol. 30 Ch. 280 - Shameful Foods

    I’d say meat floss is more of a rice accompaniment, like umeboshi or furikake. Makes me really crave some right now though. They only sell the Chinese stuff in stores here, but I want the Vietnamese one. 😭
  8. roseofquartz

    Oishinbo - Vol. 36 Ch. 326 - The Truth About Mushrooms

    As a side note, there’s something I’ve noticed that I find kind of interesting. At least in modern manga (or anything made within the last 15 years or so), whenever an Oishinbo or Yuzan reference comes up, the depiction seems much closer to how Yuzan was originally portrayed rather then this...
  9. roseofquartz

    Oishinbo - Vol. 33 Ch. 303 - The Enchanting Continent (Part 2)

    As an Aussie myself, I can confirm, nothing beats a Bunnings sausage sizzle.
  10. roseofquartz

    Oishinbo - Vol. 33 Ch. 300 - The Right Balance (Part 1)

    Well, Kinjo just lost a LOT of points from me.
  11. roseofquartz

    Oishinbo - Vol. 32 Ch. 294 - An Exploration of Condiments (Part 2)

    Yeah, but that was for “training”, so it’s totally okay. /s
  12. roseofquartz

    Oishinbo - Vol. 30 Ch. 280 - An Embarrassing Dish

    Butter rice with soy sauce is delicious, I can indeed confirm
  13. roseofquartz

    Oishinbo - Vol. 29 Ch. 271 - The Ultimate's Weakness (Part 3)

    Perhaps ironically, Dan’s character appeals to me less than Kinjo’s. To put it bluntly, he comes across as rather fake to me. But perhaps he will change my mind, I have only known him for a few chapters after all.
Top