Recent content by Scipo0419

  1. Scipo0419

    Haimiya-senpai wa Kowakute Kawaii - Ch. 43

    I've spent the last 3 chapters trying to say exactly that xD
  2. Scipo0419

    Suterare Youhei wa Jiyuu Kimama ni Ikitai - Ch. 3

    These are WN spoilers so the story can change in the manga version and I don't guarantee that my spoilers will remain accurate. Read at your own risk
  3. Scipo0419

    Suterare Youhei wa Jiyuu Kimama ni Ikitai - Ch. 3

    I don't know why, but I read all of his lines with Goku's happy-go-lucky voice and it makes these interactions way funnier.
  4. Scipo0419

    Suterare Youhei wa Jiyuu Kimama ni Ikitai - Ch. 3

    I actually like that he's not a murderhobo. He's got no problems killing, but his first thought wasn't "I should kill them." Like a murderhobo would. Part of that is Fern's influence of "liking good guys" but he's never been shown (even in the web novel) to "kill first, ask questions never"
  5. Scipo0419

    Haimiya-senpai wa Kowakute Kawaii - Ch. 42

    Music isn't the issue. That's what you're missing. Hypothetically, let's say he got into baking after the choral failure. Then the Home Economics club asked him to be a helper so they could make their cupcake quota for the school festival. Then, the club leader goes "We're so happy we have you...
  6. Scipo0419

    Haimiya-senpai wa Kowakute Kawaii - Ch. 43

    A Pimp Name Haimiya
  7. Scipo0419

    Haimiya-senpai wa Kowakute Kawaii - Ch. 43

    That's exactly what they mean. There's been tons of comments like "we weren't exposed therefore this came out of nowhere" best not to tell them that the backstory behind the One Ring wasn't hinted at until later in the Fellowship of the Ring, it was just a "mysterious magic ring and now Frodo's...
  8. Scipo0419

    Haimiya-senpai wa Kowakute Kawaii - Ch. 42

    Just because they haven't explicitly said "we're counting on you" doesn't mean that's not what his brain inteprets. Clearly he didn't connect "I'm a helper" to his trauma but did connect "I'm their guitarist" to his trauma. That's directly shown in the manga and with a tiny bit of inferrence you...
  9. Scipo0419

    Haimiya-senpai wa Kowakute Kawaii - Ch. 42

    It has nothing to do with his skill with a guitar. It has everything to do with the expectations placed on him to perform and not ruin the performance for everyone else. When he was just a "helper" it was fine, but as soon as she said "We're glad you're our guitarist!" it became a problem due to...
  10. Scipo0419

    Haimiya-senpai wa Kowakute Kawaii - Ch. 42

    The second one, also "choir" is not "cho-ir" it's "kwire"
  11. Scipo0419

    Haimiya-senpai wa Kowakute Kawaii - Ch. 42

    Screw it, I'll bite. Ch. 37: Kurino-senpai: "Even if you don't join officially, it'd help a ton if you supported us just for the school festival" Kurose: "Is it okay if I just joined practice as a helper first? I've never been in a band before and I'm still not very confident." Hazuki: "Of...
  12. Scipo0419

    Haimiya-senpai wa Kowakute Kawaii - Ch. 42

    Again, the trauma isn't related to the activity of playing music... the trauma is related to "we're expecting great things from you, Kurose, don't let us down." Which is why "Kurose, can you help us take out the trash" isn't triggering but "Kurose, we've dreamed of performing at the school...
  13. Scipo0419

    Haimiya-senpai wa Kowakute Kawaii - Ch. 42

    So I went back too, Ch 21.5 is the one where it notes Sora (eldest) can't play guitar. While we know Kurose and Umi (youngest) can. Mom? No. Sisters? Yes. Sora is 20, and Chapter 9 is when they're first introduced with Chapter 20 the first time Umi really talks to Kurose because Sora told Umi...
  14. Scipo0419

    Haimiya-senpai wa Kowakute Kawaii - Ch. 42

    The trauma isn't "playing music" the trauma is "having expectations to perform." The triggering line was "we're so glad you're our guitarist, Kurose!" immediately after they just got done spilling their guts out about how they all wanted to perform before they graduate with their own tragic...
  15. Scipo0419

    Haimiya-senpai wa Kowakute Kawaii - Ch. 42

    Wow. Would you look at that, the sudden trauma jumpscare last chapter was a setup that turned into a payoff backstory! Shocker! It's almost as if the author was using a literary technique called "setting the stage". We got the unexplained reaction, leading to the reader asking "what happened to...
Top