The Reincarnated Inferior Magic Swordsman - Vol. 1 Ch. 9 - The City of Finris

Dex-chan lover
That ossan who greet at the gate.
Remembering others guard in another isekai that are slaughtered for no reason at all, it refreshing to see a middle age man who was nice to a stranger...

Group Leader
@0luk Why don't you help them then if it's not up to your standard of quality?

Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can’t wait for the next update.

Even though the update kinda slow i still gonna read this sht
Because i feel like something interesting will happen

Aggregator gang
Never understood why in asian manga people usually use thousands in currency. Imagine having a bag that you can barely lift and it is only enough to pay an entrance fee.

Dex-chan lover
@KamiKira00 yeah the current yen, a tiny amount of money like a penny, isn't exactly an asian tradition. It's a product of 20th century inflation. The original yen was worth 1.5 g of gold, which would be about ninety US dollars today. The original Korean Won was worth about half as much. But it makes sense to make Isekai money worth the same as yen (or won, or yuan) from the perspective of making the story easier to read (for its original audience).

Dex-chan lover
1 platinum = 10 gold line needs another look.

The dialog says 10 gard for large copper. And small copper is 1 gard

The line says 10,000 large = 1,000,000 small. That is 100 to 1

Dex-chan lover
say it again, but louder...
ElknmDL.png

Group Leader
@magnetsmangadex Thanks for pointing that out, it should be 1 platinum=100 gold=10,000 silver=100,000 large copper=1,000,000 gard. I will fix that later

I wish there were more pages for a manga that comes out once a month T_T . Thank you for the release!

Aggregator gang
@Fushiginiku No need to use thousands in order for reader to understand. Usual 1 gold = 10 silver and so on would suffice. With thousands we went to realm of impossibility. Cause it is literally impossible to exchange smaller currencies to bigger one (two smaller ones. Gard and large copper).

@kamikira

It’s to make an exchange rate familiar to the original audience. Also, all manga is Japanese, manwha is Korean and Manhua is Chinese.

So “Asian manga” doesn’t make any sense.

Users who are viewing this thread