Ikoku Nikki - Vol. 7 Ch. 35 - page.35

Fed-Kun's army
WITNEEESS

Always a treat getting a new chapter of this. Thanks yall!

Was that girl supposed to be a stand-in for the aunt?
When Asa mentioned even in 10 years, it felt like we were looking at makio's past through that character.
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but seeing that girl interact with someone who looks like makio's ex of pushed that assumption even more.

Maybe something similar happened in Makio's past that inspired her to become an author. She's not doing it for someone but doing it because she witnessed something.

Dex-chan lover
I like how even if it's all about acknowledging harsh reality there's always enough positives to not make it a depressing read. It's grounded, but not in a hopeless way where nothing nice can ever happen.

Double-page supporter
nice to know that emiri's still asa's friend in 10 years

unless that was all her imagination hahaha

anyways chiyo that was damn cool and kinda chuuni

Dex-chan lover
Aaaahhh finally! She did it!! And the performance went perfect... I'm so glad... So happy for her!
Change the world... My final message
What's with that Madmax reference heehehehehe

Growing up, it's incredible ...

If you're getting your panties in a twist about subtracting points from women on sex basis in asia - japan specifically, I hope to god you're also getting outraged and doing something about relatively higher educational admission standards for asians and lower for blacks or hispanics in the west.

That phrase was cringe enough in Mad Max, here I really can't fucking stand it. Maybe it's signalling for the reader.

Also feels like author's getting dementia, with her storytelling getting slightly more non-linear in every new chapter (that's just a nice way of saying that scripting is bad and sometimes verges on being incomprehensible). More often than not it just feels like I'm watching a bad "experimental" college movie though: they're known for their fondness of "random scene shift" flashback-daydream device - just because shaft can do it on the screen and yui7 can effectively transfer that style to paper doesn't mean that everyone should be trying to adapt cinematic tropes into sequential storytelling. Comics are just much a movies as they're something else.

Fed-Kun's army
@kavvka why would a Japanese girl with career aspirations not get upset over that? What does that have to do with anything happening in the west? Why are you even bringing up race? Wtf???

Seems like you're having trouble following the story. Not a surprise.

@starlightcitypro
I' wan't talking about the character or their feelztm, I was talking about the western readership outrage (meta-meta-context) that I've seen in one in of the manga recent chapter's comment section, chapter which I believe was dealing with this particular issue . Also, I'm also not going to explain to you how college admission process in the US or UK works - if you knew you wouldn't be asking why "x" or "z".

Anyway, looks you're the one having trouble with processing input. How ironic.

edit: added second meta because it's relevant to people interacting with the work, not things happening around the work or its author.

Dex-chan lover
Some people be tripping in the comments, stunting like they’re more intelligent than you, me, and the author, souring any genuine analysis of the myriad ethical questions this manga explores. Yes these questions of gendered injustice in Japan resonates with injustices elsewhere, but to accuse of others of not automatically not caring or being aware is annoying. In any case, thanks for the translation of a heavily nuanced and complex manga.

I was talking about hypocrisy because I know for a fact that statistically no one cares about those issues: there's no major public and no legal support at all for the initiative of introducing equal academic admission standards (or military for that matter) for everyone, at least not in the US or in the UK. Checkmate.

You say this manga "explores myriad of ethical questions", but I didn't see anyone linking those to any external contexts like for example special treatment on basis of a trait. Just regular ra ra ra girl power chanting and oppression outrage. Hence the first paragraph in my opening post here.

Anyway, you're the second person in a row now trying to project their vices on others - you're not nearly as smart (either relatively or objectively) as you think you are. "It's annoying".

Fed-Kun's army
That awkwardness yet youthful passion... it shined through.

Fed-Kun's army
@kavvka I am American, I know how the admissions process works here. It also has fuck all to do with what's happening in this manga and you only brought it up to be dismissive of the topic of gender inequality that the manga shined a light on.

And if two people called you out on your inane bullshit, the problem is most likely you and not everyone else.

Anyway, I'm sorry you're having a tough time following a manga which is fairly straightforward. Maybe you aren't as smart as you think you are.

Users who are viewing this thread