Golden Days

Uploaded the Ivyscan chapters here, as the group has been inactive for around 2 years now, some chapters on their reader are dead, and there aren't many original scans of Golden Days floating around anymore. If anyone from Ivyscan wants the chapters removed, they can PM me.

Talking about the story itself, one of my all time favourites in the shounen ai genre, as it really isn't shounen ai at all. More of a historical, tragic mystery than anything. (Takao Shigeru's Madame Petit also has my reccomendation.)

Contributor
Though the shounen ai romance is the drive that sets this story into motion, it is not the main focus of this story. This is very much a mystery on several fronts, a well thought out one by Takao Shigeru at that. The time travel elements are suspect, but if you manage to suspend your belief you'll find that the author satisfyingly ties all the plots up despite the difficulty of using such a plot device.
There is some translation confusion at times, but it was a very enjoyable read, the art was beautiful, and the ending bittersweet.

One of my personal favorites. I pray and hope that some divine anomaly will hear me and bring this to NA, but I am not holding my breath.

A poignant story of relationships and well done characters really drives home a slice of life, mystery, and historical perspective. It ends with a bitter sweetness that makes me wish it could have continued with a happy end. Alas, it's so great because of what it is.

This is one of the few series where I can't help but go back and reread it from time to time.

Fed-Kun's army
I really enjoyed it. The flow of some pages were a little confusing but still manageable. Tragic but beautiful manga

This hit my heart harder than any puberty truck could hit a potential insta-model.

There's something about Takao Shigeru's shoujo titles that pulls my heartstrings, but this one- oho- it moved me to tears. The art is just so pretty & has a certain elegance to it. Some panels felt like they were storyboards for a film shoot. The story was written in a way that even I, someone who usually doesn't enjoy isekais or time-traveling stories, can say "yeah. This makes sense." The ending is just- I knew it was coming, but it was painful nonetheless. It was as painful as it was beautiful. I can't recommend this enough.

All other manga will pale in comparison.

This made me sob and wail. Agony I haven't gone through in a long while.
Truly, truly bittersweet.

How does one begin to move on from such a masterpiece?

If you're looking at the comments to determine whether or not to dive in, this is it: read.

Edit: It's been a month? ONLY a month? It still pains me, dangit.

Users who are viewing this thread