Umeko-chan wa Koishiteru - Vol. 2 Ch. 15

Double-page supporter
I kind of like this. The misunderstanding was cleared up, he realized he was being an ass this whole time and apologized, the rival actually helped that happen and did so intentionally (as opposed to some weird monologue thing where she makes the MC feel bad about herself and he overhears), and Umeko is finally able to actually interact with him and bond. They aren't dating, but in a way ending like that would feel too rushed.

Talking, making lunches and eating them, actively trying to get over his fear and get to know her, this all feels like a good win for Umeko.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda for the best it ended when it did.
The joke itself wasn't developing and there wasn't anything that really could've let it going. It ending now made the series not overstay it's welcome by that much

Dex-chan lover
The endings nice and all, I just wish they actually got together and didn't just leave off on her still pursuing him. Then again, the whole plot of this was her trying to get close to him, but him thinking she's a ghost. One you get rid of that, there ain't much left.

Dex-chan lover
I guess that's a way to resolve this conflict that outstayed its welcome within a single chapter...it wa resolved by someone SIMPLY TELLING HIM.

Silly romance, had some potential but it never got a good balance with its cast...or even with its plot.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for finishing the translation!
I really enjoyed this series from start to finish, though the ending did feel a bit rushed. Still, I liked that the resolution was Oga going "wow, I've been super-rude this whole time," instead of them jumping straight into dating. I didn't expect them to go deep into it since this is a comedy and not a drama, but it's still nice when people resolve their issues by just talking about it.

Dex-chan lover
What a shit manga. Probably would have better if it stays a 40page oneshot or something lmao

Dex-chan lover
Well, that sucked. I probably have said this many times already but every other character was more interesting than Oga and the ghost girl. :aquadrink:

When are we going to get the spinoff with the loud dog though?
iG8rAIx.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread