Lunch Zake - Ch. 6 - The Sixth Cup

Dex-chan lover
Certainly, if the father has filed for alimony beforehand, has owned most quality-of-life commodities, and gives a bigger shit about their daughter's growth and well-being, add into his own family's backing, I could see how the father has taken custody over the mother. What I'd like to know is what happened that led to their divorce where the mother's only allowed to see her daughter once a month, and how much is she paying for child support when she seems to earn enough as a caretaker(?) to afford all those lunchzakes on top of her own living expenses.

Dex-chan lover
What I'd like to know is what happened that led to their divorce where the mother's only allowed to see her daughter once a month
Nothing special happened, that's japan, there is no shared custody, basically once you divorce, one of the parent gets the kids and the other parent become a stranger ( like, if the mother has the custody, she change her name back to her maiden name and the kids has to change their name as well )
visitation once a month is '' kind'' from him, it mean he still doesn't ressent her too much because if he wanted her to never see her daughter again, he legaly could

afford all those lunchzakes on top of her own living expenses.

Japan is known for his super cheap restaurants and booze, getting a 1500 yen meal set is not outrageous for a lunch

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Do you know what's the kind of sauce being spilt over the rice ?

Dex-chan lover
Do you know what's the kind of sauce being spilt over the rice ?

It's tororo, grated yam
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tororo_(food)

image.png

Group Leader
Divorced, in her twenties, takes good care of people for her job, chugs back beer and good food like it's nothing? If her ex-husband can't be with her then I will.

Dex-chan lover
Nothing special happened, that's japan, there is no shared custody, basically once you divorce, one of the parent gets the kids and the other parent become a stranger ( like, if the mother has the custody, she change her name back to her maiden name and the kids has to change their name as well )
visitation once a month is '' kind'' from him, it mean he still doesn't ressent her too much because if he wanted her to never see her daughter again, he legaly could

Japan is known for his super cheap restaurants and booze, getting a 1500 yen meal set is not outrageous for a lunch
I get everyone's experience with divorce is different, especially between cultures, but there's filing a divorce because the spouses 'fell out of love', which is honestly the least dramatic thing that could happen, and then there's all the crazy shit that could happen because of that same thing, enforcing the divorce even further.

Depending on the circumstances, how much custody is owed and how often the parent who doesn't have custody, yet is allowed to see their kids, varies. In my case, while the details are unclear from both parties, there was an affair involved. Me and my two siblings were under our mom's custody, yet we would go to our dad's place after school 2 days a week and spend every other weekend there. There were also exceptions like holidays and the few long-term trips we had. It was both a complicated yet flexible arrangement, not totally strict on following whatever the civil court allowed compared to how FMC's arrangement is, but if we were able to see our dad that much a month compared to FMC's daughter, it begs the question of who committed the affair.

Dex-chan lover
I get everyone's experience with divorce is different, especially between cultures, but there's filing a divorce because the spouses 'fell out of love', which is honestly the least dramatic thing that could happen, and then there's all the crazy shit that could happen because of that same thing, enforcing the divorce even further.

Depending on the circumstances, how much custody is owed and how often the parent who doesn't have custody, yet is allowed to see their kids, varies. In my case, while the details are unclear from both parties, there was an affair involved. Me and my two siblings were under our mom's custody, yet we would go to our dad's place after school 2 days a week and spend every other weekend there. There were also exceptions like holidays and the few long-term trips we had. It was both a complicated yet flexible arrangement, not totally strict on following whatever the civil court allowed compared to how FMC's arrangement is, but if we were able to see our dad that much a month compared to FMC's daughter, it begs the question of who committed the affair.
That's an interesting theory but I really don't think she's the kind of person that can do some depraved shit like this, it would be mind blowing if so.

Dex-chan lover
That's an interesting theory but I really don't think she's the kind of person that can do some depraved shit like this, it would be mind blowing if so.
Sorry, that last bit in my comment was still referring to my own parents as to who committed the affair. So far as we've seen FMC here, I agree with you that she didn't look like one who could fall to depravity, but context can still surprise us.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry, that last bit in my comment was still referring to my own parents as to who committed the affair. So far as we've seen FMC here, I agree with you that she didn't look like one who could fall to depravity, but context can still surprise us.
I'm sorry about it bro 🙏

Users who are viewing this thread