Maou no Hensou - Oneshot

Group Leader
@Sullieman would you think Hamita would do best just by focusing on doing one shots and short form releases like this, as opposed to longer narratives?
I think his best works are, ironically, the short ones he posts on twi- X, like the robo maid. But that one is because is a comfy SoL with comedy, his other stuff, the grim and the kinda edgy stuff tends to be kinda meh, like the water bear one. Honestly, I believe the reason the manga with the alien girl got canceled so fast was because of pace issues, the edginess, the story not being coherent enough, and the overall theme not resonating with enough people.

kyuukei at all times
Sorry Mr. Outta Pocket, I'm a metalhead myself.

Dex-chan lover
Supporter
Group Leader
No joke, he legit was saying something like that in the comments.

Google translated roughly as:

Hamita:"What do people think I am?"
Just to put more context to this.
https://x.com/Ange_risawa/status/1765714844647576032?s=20

That's the tweet Hamita was quoting. The user said: So, he was in a car accident, don't tell me the protagonist is the one at fault and the imaginary girl is the victim?
To which another user replied: Knowing Hamita he would do that, with pleasure.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I believe the reason the manga with the alien girl got canceled so fast was because of pace issues, the edginess, the story not being coherent enough, and the overall theme not resonating with enough people.
Just finished the alien girl story and somehow that note in the credits here makes it feel even worse.

With how quickly characters were being run through, it's a distinct possibility that it was always meant to be a short serialization. Either that, or Hamita was given a generous heads up he sufficiently managed to work with. Me personally, I never anticipated it was long for the world.

It's certainly incorrect, though, to say that Pixiv/Twitter comics were canned (really, indefinitely abandoned) for the sake of a serialized manga.

Users who are viewing this thread