Sleeping Dead - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Group Leader
Bro, the credit page in the previous chapters literally give how to contact the group. You can ASK the group if they dropped the series instead of this tomfoolery

Hello its the poster who posted this chapter here.

First things first I would like to admit my fault,

yes I posted the chapter out of order, but I have fixed it now. It was my first time scanlating manga as well as my first time posting anything on Mangadex and the system confused me. I am more familiar with mangago, which has a better organised system for pages. So it was correctly posted on mangago at first.

Another thing was I was not aware I could contact the previous scanlation group so again, my bad.

However I would also like to say a couple things in defence.

One, the original scanlators updated this manga nearly four months ago. and the last update before that was nine months ago. Because of the pace of scanlations I mistakenly assumed that the manga was dropped. The pacing of the updates were way too slow for a manga whos second volume was released in september 2022. thats more than one and a half years ago.
I get scanlation is a hobby for many but if you're gonna update chapters at such a slow pace, that interferes with the readers enjoyment. It was not my intention to snipe this series from you but from the pace of the updates I had assumed you had dropped it.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
I am more familiar with mangago, which has a better organised system for pages.
MD's uploader takes your uploaded pages in alphanumerical order, and visibly shows you what order they're in. What issue did you have with it?

MD's uploader takes your uploaded pages in alphanumerical order, and visibly shows you what order they're in. What issue did you have with it?
I was uploading pages on mobile, and the mobile format is limited and the screen is small. desktop version makes a lot more sense. As it was my first time scanlating and uploading manga, I'm not familiar with how to deal with websites. This kind of mistake will not happen again

Last edited:
Group Leader
Hi just wanted to confirm and put any further altercations to rest.

We usually take months to update cos our staffs have real life circumstances to prioritize over this scanlation hobby, such as academic assignments & exams, work shifts, family issues, etc.

On top of attending to real life matters, our staffs also take the time to ensure that every part of the scanlated chapter will be released in the best way possible; starting from the quality of the raws & translation to typesetting phase.

Personally i don’t mind people sniping, i’m a reader myself and i understand the frustration of having to wait months for an update. Our group’s just trying to provide the highest quality of scanlation that we’re able to, as we love the series and we’d want to give it the best treatment we could offer.

Last but not least, thank you to all readers who’ve been patient with us the entire time. It really means a lot to us & we truly appreciate your kind consideration.

Hi just wanted to confirm and put any further altercations to rest.

We usually take months to update cos our staffs have real life circumstances to prioritize over this scanlation hobby, such as academic assignments & exams, work shifts, family issues, etc.

On top of attending to real life matters, our staffs also take the time to ensure that every part of the scanlated chapter will be released in the best way possible; starting from the quality of the raws & translation to typesetting phase.

Personally i don’t mind people sniping, i’m a reader myself and i understand the frustration of having to wait months for an update. Our group’s just trying to provide the highest quality of scanlation that we’re able to, as we love the series and we’d want to give it the best treatment we could offer.

Last but not least, thank you to all readers who’ve been patient with us the entire time. It really means a lot to us & we truly appreciate your kind consideration.
ok I understand, in that case have you guys started on the last chapter of the book yet? Do you guys have a timeframe for when you're gonna release it? I have the fully translated version of chapter 11 right now that I started on before I knew you guys were still translating it. I do want to release it but again, I don't want any beef. I was thinking if I could compromise on releasing the last chapter.

Group Leader
we've translated & proofread chapter 11 & currently typesetting the chapter, we're planning to release it in a week's time.

if 4 months is considered slow, someone please throw my entire group to the wolves lmao. thank you ran and to your group for continuing to provide great quality titles.
4 months for a series released in september 2022 is definitely considered a long time.
This will be my last comment because I don't like arguing nor did I come into here with ill intent. if you can't adhere to the responsibility you gave yourself of scanlating a manga within a reasonable timeframe, I'd advise you to just drop it and allow other people to do it faster. Consider doing fewer titles at a faster pace rather than more titles at a slower pace.
Academic responsibility? jobs? Everyone has that. Most people working on scanalating are probably still in school or uni and I am no exception. But if someone has the time to do it faster, well, whats stopping them?

Let me make myself clear, you are NOT the only person with the right to translate this. You did not receive permission from the original IP holder. So what you're asking for is honour among thieves.

I'll remove my translation soon out of respect since you're going to post it next week as well, but I'd advise your group to consider dropping some projects to free up time if your usual pace is four months. Because there are a lot of people who could get the wrong idea like me.

Last edited:
Group Leader
4 months for a series released in september 2022 is definitely considered a long time.
This will be my last comment because I don't like arguing nor did I come into here with ill intent. if you can't adhere to the responsibility you gave yourself of scanlating a manga within a reasonable timeframe, I'd advise you to just drop it and allow other people to do it faster. Consider doing fewer titles at a faster pace rather than more titles at a slower pace.
Academic responsibility? jobs? Everyone has that. Most people working on scanalating are probably still in school or uni and I am no exception. But if someone has the time to do it faster, well, whats stopping them?

Let me make myself clear, you are NOT the only person with the right to translate this. You did not receive permission from the original IP holder. So what you're asking for is honour among thieves.

I'll remove my translation soon out of respect since you're going to post it next week as well, but I'd advise your group to consider dropping some projects to free up time if your usual pace is four months. Because there are a lot of people who could get the wrong idea like me.
i don't think it's fair to talk like this as if you did a good job. your typeset was all over the place, you forgot to use fonts half of the time (you even used arial in some parts), your "cleaning" was just grabbing a white brush and you couldn't even sort your pages. the real recommendation here is for you to understand that you have NO talent for scanlating alone, hence no business meddling between what other groups are going through. please uninstall photoshop (or you might've used ms paint at this point) and leave this community alone. :salute:

Group Leader

I'm not gonna police what individual fans do, but if people are going to offer "advice" then I'd really advise that they FIRST sit down and learn how to do the entire job correctly and with care, like what most quality scanlation groups do. It's a labor of love for fans that support them, not a fucking factory to churn out chapters "because the volume came out a year ago" so????? impatient people can buy the volume from the mangaka themselves and use google translate on it, it's not that hard. I know many people who have done exactly this and no longer wait for scanlation teams. Whatever floats their boat.

But to act like a scanlation team needs to set aside their whole lives in order to put out a title just because a couple people can't do research or find another fucking title to read? Nah. Okay SOME scanlation people might be noobs in college but many of us have been in the scene for years and have families to look after. Get a grip. I know you might say you want no beef with the group and ran isn't offended or vindictive, but this attitude towards "slower" scanlation groups in general sucks and reeks of entitlement.

Users who are viewing this thread