Sleeping Dead - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
Woah.
It felt like an abrupt turn, to be honest. And I like how this all turned out in the end, but at the same time it feels like there's something missing. Like there should've been a bit more. Just a bit more to make fledge it out. Like, it doesn't quite feel complete.

Gonna sit on this one for a bit to fully process.

Thank you very much for translating and bringing this story to us.

Group Leader
yea personally it's a cruel way to end things, but in a way i applaud them for resolving it this way cos if we see it rationally, sada was his first successful human experiment and there should've been drawbacks (...which is what eventually happened to monkichi & sada).

btw guys another reminder that this is the last of the main chapters but the volume comes with extras, hopefully we'll be able to post it soon~

I knew that this wasn't going to have a happy ending, but still, I cried a bit. I liked Mamiya's confession. It's sad to see Mamiya crumbling down. I agree that it felt like something was missing maybe. I really liked this manga, not my favorite from this author, but maybe second favorite. Thanks for the translation!!

Dex-chan lover
When I noticed how many pages there were, I had a feeling this was the end. That part where Mamiya comforted Sado with the promise of reviving him again, then cremating him after he couldn’t take looking at his decomposing body? That hit hard, man.

Thanks for the translation, it was an interesting read.

Group Leader
for reall, it broke me down so hard cos i was really rooting for them to make things work somehow, but alas things don't always work out in life (which was brutally represented by the ending).

you're very welcomee & glad you found it intriguing 😊

Last edited:
This is heartbreaking. I mean death's inevitable, really. I guess even Mamiya's genius cant exempt him from it. He did try and succeeded, kind of. But yeah, sometimes things just... don 't work out. Well, I hope in another universe they would met under happier circumstances and be together longer.

Anyway, thank you so much for the great translation! I always lurk in your discord server to find great BL, so looking forward to your next projects! Oh, and ofc will be patiently waiting for the extras.

Group Leader
yess literally cried countless of times for them while typesetting, this was definitely not the ending i wished for them 😭

and happy you like our projects aa, hope you’ll enjoy the next ones as well 🥰

Oops I should've seen this coming :( It's fascinating that this story from the pov of them can make me sympathize with mamiya's lost (him desperate to find a way and finally crumbling down when sada already gone is so well delivered :(( made me depressed too) to the point i forgot that the beginning of them, is well, unethical.. They've done immoral things too, but they blurred it well.. To the end, sada didn't say "i love him" back to mamiya. Is it bcs he's not exactly in "love" with mamiya, he just feel some sort of attachment bcs he got to know the real mamiya and mamiya's the only person he could rely on? Or maybe bcs he knew his time is near and he didn't want to say it.. Tbh with all the build up I was hoping for more, when I finished this chapter.. "That's it?" was my first reaction :") But I still enjoy it as it is. It's been a dark but somehow peaceful journey. Thank you so much for nekojita team for translating this and always giving us a good quality scanlation 💝💝

Thank you so much for all the quality translations. The ending made me cry seeing Mamiya's desperation to keep him alive and spending little time with him in the process. The crushing pain to not see him rot away😭

A sad ending, but a expected one, and i'm glad the author had the courage to keep the narrative grounded and coherent.

I just noticed that the name of the manga is Sleeping dead, and at the end Sada starts falling asleep until he finally dies. I wonder if the author had planned this ending since the beginning. Also, I was thinking that it would be really nice if this had some kind of adaptation. Specially for this chapter that was very emotional, it would be cool to see those last panels of Mamiya desperate and crying and stuff with a good soundtrack and with a nice voice acting and everything.

wow. just wow. what a rollercoaster. This manga broke me in all the right ways, I could write an essay on how great the storytelling here was. its incredible to me how Mamiya starts off as a typical villain/sadistic mad scientist, how we as readers are urged to question his motives and constantly suspect him of the worst, and how it all eventually completely disappears when we get to learn more about him. Also, the contrast between him grinning while dissecting Sada like it was nothing in the first chapter and him literally going crazy because he couldnt stand seeing Sada's body deteriorate, followed by him offing himself in the last chapter because he didnt see the point in living without him... pain. ugh I really wanted them to get a happy ending....

Thank you for your scanlation!!! I enjoyed this manga so much that I immediately went and ordered physical copies haha.

Group Leader
i just saw your comments guys waa

actually it was initially serialized with the title 'living dead', but they changed the title to 'sleeping dead' after they compiled the vol 1 chapters. but yea not sure if the ending was decided all the way from the beginning, or midway after vol 1 wrapped up.

and thank you so much for buying the volumes as well! totally appreciate it 🥰

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread