Tensai Majo no Maryoku Kare - Vol. 2 Ch. 29

Yeah you got a LOT of tags to add if you think something that minor is "a representation of the title as a whole".

It should definitely have something like the supernatural tag but by your idiotic logic you should throw on the girl's love tag too. Not like he stopped loving her while he was a girl after all.

Dex-chan lover
All these discussion and you can just check to love ru if it also have a genderbend tag which, spoiler alert, doesn't.

Group Leader
Yeah you got a LOT of tags to add if you think something that minor is "a representation of the title as a whole".

It should definitely have something like the supernatural tag but by your idiotic logic you should throw on the girl's love tag too. Not like he stopped loving her while he was a girl after all.
The only obvious problem here would be gender bender takes up like 7 chapters of this series and that's a gray area for me... (not one or two chapters but a category that's used somewhat in the series). Edit: Now that I think about it I might just add monster girls too...

Supporter
The only obvious problem here would be gender bender takes up like 7 chapters of this series and that's a gray area for me... (not one or two chapters but a category that's used somewhat in the series). Edit: Now that I think about it I might just add monster girls too...
tagging is such a hard thing :aquadrink:, lets not talk about video game and "like" genre
I wonder if the GB is necessary but I also can see why it is used after checking the raw, now I cant read them so I will trust you for that.

I would think a tag should be added if it something the story will threat and not a background plot, like a lot of manga tagged GB just have a side character that we pretty close never seen as their OG sex and do nothing with the plot of the chock most people would have if their sex was force swapped

Now I think this one is using it for more than one arc so it is probably okay and fair to use it

Dex-chan lover
Page 3 that doesn't say "Girl Tea" at all. "女の子になる薬" is "Medicine to turn into a girl".

Double-page supporter
well then back to my point
this is like making it necessary to add other tags as well,
like, I don't know, monster girls maybe? demon?
But it still feels wrong, because that's not the theme in the grand scheme of things
even To Love Ru had a genderswap subplot in it
Well, the best solution in this type of debate is for the site to have the option to put additional tags on individual chapters, which is unfortunately not the case for MDex.
IMO even if it's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, it's enough of a recurring theme, so the genben tag is fine. It's not that misleading, neither is it harmful or anything.
you mean to turn away people who don't like genderbender?
If someone is so sensitive to react strongly negative about unrealistic events in a comedic fictional story then it's better to turn them away preemptively (or colloquially, "gatekeep"). I see no downside.

Dex-chan lover
NAH take that genderswap down. I HATE GENDERSWAP and it being on a manga that i like is triggering meREEEEEEEEEEE.

But seriously, that tag being there without the first 20+ chapters having any genderswap is triggering me.

Actually, theres also a shota tag? ok whatever fuck the tags.

Group Leader
NAH take that genderswap down. I HATE GENDERSWAP and it being on a manga that i like is triggering meREEEEEEEEEEE.

But seriously, that tag being there without the first 20+ chapters having any genderswap is triggering me.

Actually, theres also a shota tag? ok whatever fuck the tags.
my bad with the shota tag I'll take it down oops. But no on the genderswap

The most trivial forced tag on a series. It's just plain bad for EVERYONE, those that like genderswap focused series because it's only 2 chapters gag among 20+ chapters and those that don't thinking it's the whole thing like Onimai or something. If you just want to be technically correct, sure, add the tag. Don't be surprised the disappointment it'll bring though.

Dex-chan lover
The thing with fans of TS (genderswap) is that some of us are actually fairly hardcore in pursuit of it. Often willing to read many many chapters of pretty much any manga to get to that sweet moment, even if it's only there for one or two chapters. So some kind of tag being there to let us know the treasure is there helps a lot.

But I'd agree there is a bit of a difference between a whole story focused on it and it being a side dish. Not that I won't still devour anything with the tag without complaint though, so I'll let ya'll at MD figure out how to organize it. However, I'm still the TS/genderswap fan equivalent of that one Aerosmith song -- I Don't Want to Miss a Thing.

EDIT: Credit to MD, by the way, for not doing what crappy scanlation aggregation sites do and put crossdressing stories under the genderswap tag. That's been very appreciated and I've meant to say it for years now.

Dex-chan lover
IMO even if it's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, it's enough of a recurring theme, so the genben tag is fine. It's not that misleading, neither is it harmful or anything.
well, no
it IS actually misleading

putting tag is like an easy answer when someone asks: "so what is this story about?"
and you look at the tag, "oh, it is a story about genderswap"
which this is NOT about that, (or at least not in that capacity)

it is the THEME, which is "a central topic, subject, or message within a narrative",
not just a plot device

as it is already mentioned by someone up above the comment, it is ruled in the site rules
"Rule 2.2.6: Genre and theme tags should be added only if the tag is a representation of the title as a whole, not just appearing in a single chapter."

Group Leader
well, no
it IS actually misleading

putting tag is like an easy answer when someone asks: "so what is this story about?"
and you look at the tag, "oh, it is a story about genderswap"
which this is NOT about that, (or at least not in that capacity)

it is the THEME, which is "a central topic, subject, or message within a narrative",
not just a plot device

as it is already mentioned by someone up above the comment, it is ruled in the site rules
"Rule 2.2.6: Genre and theme tags should be added only if the tag is a representation of the title as a whole, not just appearing in a single chapter."
Ok i got a compromise here: I take down the tag and put in the description where the genben Trigger warning would apply. How does that sound?

Users who are viewing this thread