Major 2nd - Ch. 277 - Rushing into home plate...!

Well that was a quick one. I do appreciate trying to minimize my suffering.
I was actually kinda worried that this game was going to drag on by showing Nishina's pitching but he doesn't have boobs so Mitsuda couldn't give less of a fuck about him lol.
I wonder how many times I lost my mind in the past eight months, what do I even say...this game is easily the worst display of manga Mitsuda has ever put out in his entire career. Sure BUYUDEN was bad but at least it was funny, like really funny, and honestly pre-timeskip Moka is my favorite Mitsuda heroine so it did have its merits. Anyway. Just an amazing showcase of how wrong this manga is. Even the "little things" like the bland, copy-pasted art and repetitive dialogue with no variation. It's everything. Who would've thought that the main character of MAJOR's sequel would ever intentionally walk the ace batter and gloat about it?
I still can't figure out Furuya. The thing that makes most sense to me is that Mitsuda wanted to draw a character modeled after Ohtani but he knows the manga is going to end after middle school, which this game has completely convinced me it will, so he just shoehorned him into the plot even if it doesn't make sense. Why add a new rival here before the Tsujido game? Also 12-year old having Tommy John surgery lol it's all stupid. It's a really bad attempt but it was nevertheless, an attempt. An attempt that seriously makes me think that Mitsuda might have a grudge against Ohtani because of how bad he made Furuya look and how he used him. Like I've said it's not a bad idea, it's just the execution. Maybe he's upset that people say Ohtani has surpassed Goro? It's just the truth though... I'd rather that not be the case cause that opens an entire new can of worms, but it's a possibility. Something I like about MAJOR is that you don't really get opposing team flashbacks in the middle of the game like other series do. It just gets down to business. Let's play some ball. But here you get Furuya's entire backstory that's just cheap fanservice. "Look, it's like Goro and Shimizu, now clap." And the pacing is terrible.
So yeah. I don't know what more to say that I already haven't now that it's over. Fuck you I guess? Definitely fuck you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread