Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki - Vol. 5 Ch. 27

Dex-chan lover
I appreciate Miyako's honesty with Asako. Hopefully they'll continue to work through this together, rather than her giving in to her tendency for internalizing these things and trying to solve them herself. She might feel ashamed, needing to lean on Asako and also being unable to provide a "normal" life for her; but being a couple, their decisions involve each other regardless. It might not be a bad idea to get some support from the agency but I imagine she'll want to handle things on her own terms.

Dex-chan lover
It all stems from how the company treated her anyway, because they forced her to completely change her personality to be an idol, which ended up ruining her life and making her hate being her idol persona. Now they want her to come back again, the real question is are they gonna let her come back as herself, or are they gonna try to make her adopt her old persona again? Cause it'll be pretty fucking messed up if they do.

Dex-chan lover
I wish we had gotten a lil talk about the issue between them, not just pat pat "lets bath, eat, and zzzz". Let's see how this will go now!
Thanks for the TL! Love this work so much can't wait to get it, hoping it comes to my country Yodokawa's art is so so so so good.

Dex-chan lover
qnkQbLOkg0k.jpg

Oh nyoooooooooooo :angery:
Her crying face is just too much for my poor heart :meguuusad:

Group Leader
Screw that director. She seriously pissing me off. This is your problem, not that it’s actually a problem to start with as there’s nothing wrong with meeting your friends.
The issue is that this literally impacts the entire group's career.
After Miyako dropped out all of a sudden, they spent a ton of time and effort rebuilding the group's brand/image to have Ruri as the new leader and gradually phases out Miyako from the fans' eyes.

Now that she's back in the public eye, especially given that she was spotted with her friends, that new image is going to be tarnished and Ruri & co are put in a very awkward position in front of the fans, because there will be expectations of her returning.

Hate the manager all you want, not saying she's a nice lady, but Miyako did a big fuck up for the group here, even if unintentionally. She hampered their whole rebranding.

It doesn't matter that they're friends and just want to see each other, the public's perception and narrative is what controls their careers, and given how the group stands now Miyako is a liability for their future success. The manager is right to ask for her to come back temporarily so they can get the narrative under control.

If Miyako does not return the papparazi are going to have a field day with this story, and she and the rest of the members are probably gonna be even more hounded by cameras than before.

Dex-chan lover
After Miyako dropped out all of a sudden, they spent a ton of time and effort rebuilding the group's brand/image to have Ruri as the new leader and gradually phases out Miyako from the fans' eyes.

Now that she's back in the public eye, especially given that she was spotted with her friends, that new image is going to be tarnished and Ruri & co are put in a very awkward position in front of the fans, because there will be expectations of her returning.

Hate the manager all you want, not saying she's a nice lady, but Miyako did a big fuck up for the group here, even if unintentionally. She hampered their whole rebranding.

It doesn't matter that they're friends and just want to see each other, the public's perception and narrative is what controls their careers, and given how the group stands now Miyako is a liability for their future success. The manager is right to ask for her to come back temporarily so they can get the narrative under control.

If Miyako does not return the papparazi are going to have a field day with this story, and she and the rest of the members are probably gonna be even more hounded by cameras than before.
With my ignorance of idol culture there is one thing I don’t get. They did all that work to rebrand with Ruri as the new leader, wouldn’t bringing back Miyako, even temporarily, cause an issue with that? Especially if it a big special event concert or something where Miyako takes the lead again?

Dex-chan lover

I don't really know much about idol culture, but everything are completely retarded and miyako should just ignore everything and not bending at all.
retarded fan being retarded are expected, no matter how many years passed they'll still bitching and moaning about the same thing over and over again
I've been following band like Dragonforce and some moron still make a same comment about changing on vocal even though 14 years passed since they change their vocalist. actual fan ? doesn't give fuck
the whole scandal literaly a nothing burger and boiled down to "oooh Miyako gonna comeback? whaat?" when they literaly only have to make a press confrence and clarify the whole thing as just friend hang around on new year.
like you know, an actual agency.

so the director are either completely retarded as well or she trying to use this opportunity to make miyako comeback as idol again.

Dex-chan lover
Can't wait for 10 pages of idol culture... le bad!!! like a mindless parrot.

With my ignorance of idol culture there is one thing I don’t get. They did all that work to rebrand with Ruri as the new leader, wouldn’t bringing back Miyako, even temporarily, cause an issue with that? Especially if it a big special event concert or something where Miyako takes the lead again?
It's not even idol culture. It's about showing that they've got the situation handled. That the girls were hanging out on purpose for whatever reason because they were planning something.
Even something as simple as "Hey look! Miyako is back! And she's looking at how good and how well the group is doing and how they're grown! Now she can say double goodbye with double as much not having to worry about the old girls!" would work.
By not doing shit people will go rampant with speculation, drag out the buried skeletons, give people who think the new group sucks fuel, etc.
It's all about controlling the narrative. It's basic as hell showbiz.

Dex-chan lover
Aww man, this really seems like it's the final arc. It's gonna be sad to see this series go 🥲

Dex-chan lover
I guess my lingering question is what does "coming back" even mean in this case? Performing on stage again? Doing a media tour? Going up on stage but not performing just giving a statement to the crowd?

Maybe Im just a dumb, but couldnt most of this be solved by giving the magazine or any magazine an exclusive interview or something explaining her situation and why she left the group? A lot of the conflict seems to stem from the public seeing her idol persona as being this perfect flawless woman (that doesnt actually exist) who just dropped off the face of the Earth one day, so if she just comes clean that shes actually a regular ass woman with regular ass flaws and problems, wouldnt that break the weird delusions people have about her, so she can retire in peace?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I wish we had gotten a lil talk about the issue between them, not just pat pat "lets bath, eat, and zzzz". Let's see how this will go now!
Thanks for the TL! Love this work so much can't wait to get it, hoping it comes to my country Yodokawa's art is so so so so good.
I actually appreciate the way it was handled. They obviously still have to talk about it but what mattered most to Asako in that moment was that something really bad just happened to her gf and that she needs to be comforted. And if there's something Asako is good at, it's fussing over people and spoiling them

Group Leader
Not if they get ahead of the curve and spin the narrative in their favor to justify Miyako being there. I don't know what story the manager and the girls will come up with but if they don't do anything the papparazi and fan speculation will ensure chaos.

Right now the most strategic decision is to re-incorporate Miyako openly in their activities in some capacity and take control of the narrative before coming up with a less explosive way to let her go.

If they play their cards right this could even lead to her being in a position where she can meet her friends without being scared of cameras.

Some people are suggesting the manager is just doing this to fish Miyako back permanently and sure, that is a possibility (though no such indication as of now), but it's undeniable that not having Miyako back right now is a recipe for disaster for the group.

And yeah, this wouldn't be a problem if the idol showbiz wasn't rotten to the core with papparazi and fan speculation but unfortunately that is what drives their careers so they need to play their hand around it whether they like it or not.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe Im just a dumb, but couldnt most of this be solved by giving the magazine or any magazine an exclusive interview or something explaining her situation and why she left the group? A lot of the conflict seems to stem from the public seeing her idol persona as being this perfect flawless woman (that doesnt actually exist) who just dropped off the face of the Earth one day, so if she just comes clean that shes actually a regular ass woman with regular ass flaws and problems, wouldnt that break the weird delusions people have about her, so she can retire in peace?
That would just make people lose complete trust on the current group.
Wooooooooooooow so Miyako was a lie, huh? Wonder what else they're lying us about! Bet everyone else is the group is a fake too!
And then you'd have the issues with the people who even after retirement will feel betrayed about being lied about Idol Miyako.

B-But they're not entitled to anything!
Maybe, but at the end of the day this is all a business. A business a selling an illusion and certain image. It's all a game of pretend where everyone is a willful participant.
No one likes the kid who when everyone's playing pretend on the playground that they're all idiots and that none of it is real and it's just their imaginations and to play mature games for mature kids such as themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread