Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu - Vol. 5 Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
'Hikaru' 's fractal flesh is so cool looking.
That temple is creepy as all fuck. What I'm not getting is, the head offerings where of the ritual murderers right? But then why where they beheading people in the fist place? Just for the wishes?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The role of master in young adult Manga is always either cool older man or cool older lady, they way this manga using normal housewife as master role for the protagonist really smart because it make the mystery more deep because it portray in mundane live mystery exist

Dex-chan lover
Glad you were able to find a translator to continue this series!

The pages depicting the interior of the Indoh Temple were something else, I had to pause and just stare at them for awhile. I tried looking at past chapters, but I can't find where exactly it was mentioned Asako's ear was damaged I assume following her first confrontation with 'Hikaru'. Considering her ability to sense the paranormal is by way of hearing I suppose it makes sense. I'd like to believe before the story is over, 'Hikaru' being a God an all might be able to restore it back especially since he "took" it in the first place but that's probably misplaced optimism.

Now that she's aware, Asako probably needs to have a chat with Yoshiki. Also it is interesting that Hikaru's memories are only now surfacing in 'Hikaru', perhaps each time he mixes with a human or Yoshiki in particular it acts as fuel to unearth his vessel's geist. I doubt the original Hikaru is totally gone despite what 'Hikaru' said in this chapter.

Finally, once again we get some important information in the random omakes like how Yoshiki has a disdain for the color orange from the trauma of Hikaru's disappearance (apparently the fear of said color is called Chrysophobia). Also confirms how Yoshiki nearly died this chapter showing how unstable 'Hikaru' is becoming, which also makes me wonder what the difference is between the previous times 'Hikaru' attempted to mix with him forcibly such as in the classroom and when he asked Yoshiki to stick his hand inside consensually.

Thanks again for the TL.

Dex-chan lover
Fed-Kun's army
thank you for the translation!

this chapter was amazing, asako crying and yoshiki describing the real hikaru made me so emotional

i wonder if the splitting of the body was done to avoid giving a vessel to the great brainsnatcher. if hikaru offered his entire body in exchange for a wish when he died, that might be the reason why he was possessed
I honestly think this could be spot on, great theory~!

Users who are viewing this thread