MINOR - Oneshot

I’ve had the raws for this for over a year now but I only got to translating it now. I have the raws for another MAJOR one-shot by Mitsuda but I don’t know if/when I’ll scan those. It’s Mitsuda’s drawing of the Hakata Minami trial opening scene of the movie, so it’s nothing super interesting.
I can think of tons of other characters who are more deserving of their own story than Ryoko…She has got to be the most overrated character by the fans in MAJOR, even Mitsuda contributes to it here. This was first published in 2003, and you can already see Mitsuda’s “latent tendencies” beginning to show. He’s the same species of mangaka as Shigeno Shuuichi, born to draw girls, forced to draw sports manga (living in a hell of their own making). Still, that single panchira at the end has more heart and soul on it than 100 volumes of mejaseca can even dream of…This is probably a more serious “girls playing baseball” story too, unlike mejaseca which is just Mitsuda’s excuse so he can draw naughty pictures and he doesn’t really care about anything, this story actually has a purpose. It's actually a serious manga. If Mitsuda were to draw the same manga today, half of it would probably be scenes of Ryoko changing clothes, that’s how braindead he’s gotten over the years. Fanservice is fine, but it’s not a replacement for an actual plot.
I've read better "girl baseball" manga that don't feel the need to rub the main character's gender all over the readers face, I think Mitsuda should really stick to what he's good at, he's stubborn that way. But well, it’s still Mitsuda’s manga before everything went to shit. I'm a person who's interested in Mitsuda's manga, that's why I decided to scanlate this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread