The Story of a Low-Rank Soldier Becoming a Monarch - Vol. 2 Ch. 141

Dex-chan lover
So... When does he become a monarch as the title says? At best he is a self governed dukedom with the king being his friend who listens to him. But he isn't really a monarch

Also, I expected Lind to be the one being carried during the wedding

I too am shocked this actually ended.
When I saw "141 end", I went: "wtf do you mean 'end'??"

The ending feels kinda rushed, but, eh, yeah. Kinda feels like it had no more proper room to power up the MC without power-creeping. So it's better to just end it, than to have the MC gain dragonborn magic blood dual-soul, mcguffin ying-yang powers to maintain reader engagement.
They had plenty of room to grow. He was only 6th wyze, they could have him work to get more countries as his allies as he worked up wyze to 8th before challenging the dragon

Dex-chan lover
I too am shocked this actually ended.
When I saw "141 end", I went: "wtf do you mean 'end'??"

The ending feels kinda rushed, but, eh, yeah. Kinda feels like it had no more proper room to power up the MC without power-creeping. So it's better to just end it, than to have the MC gain dragonborn magic blood dual-soul, mcguffin ying-yang powers to maintain reader engagement.
Agreed, a bit underwhelming but the main storyline is completed. I guess the the series didn't sell well and the publisher wanted to pull o

Dex-chan lover
Agreed, a bit underwhelming but the main storyline is completed. I guess the the series didn't sell well and the publisher wanted to pull o
I was partially reading on the scanlator's site, so I got some vague ish spoilers beforehand. This is the ending the novel had.

A sidenote, does anyone have a timeline lined up for this? I remember he was in his 40s or older before regressing to 14, but it's a blank after that

Dex-chan lover
QWK0950.png

:aquadrink: Yeah there were some downs but mainly ups for this story. Definitely worth a read overall! Cheers to Chris for changing the world.
Also sidestory content huh well let's see what happens.

Aggregator gang
i always appreciated the art on this one - super weak ending tho! ultimately i guess the story ran out of juice once he defeated the big bad - i wanted him to go on to become king and see all the nation building and more political intrigues

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the final battle was kind of eh compared to the fight to get to the castle

Dex-chan lover
Ending feels rushed, but there's supposedly more side stories coming, so hopefully that smooths it out. Overall, a very fun and satisfying read, if a bit shallow. Definitely a favourite of mine when in comes to vertical webcomics.

Dex-chan lover
They had plenty of room to grow. He was only 6th wyze, they could have him work to get more countries as his allies as he worked up wyze to 8th before challenging the dragon

Well, to be fair, I was reading this on-and-off, so I don't have 20/20 vision on this one -- but it sure didn't felt like the author had any more punches to pull with the power levels.
"Wyze", as a tool, stopped being worked on in the last arc. The MC even fused 2 wyze-methods together, and then it just went away, forgotten.

Are there technically ways to make level 6~10 more interesting? Maybe...But at the same time, as a semi-sensible martial-arts story, you want it to be a relatively grounded story. And not have your characters become a Saint / Daoist ascendant that can blow up mountains with a flick of a finger.

I personally felt like the story managed to tap itself out, but I do agree that after giving it some thought, if the author really wanted, or could, there is enough room to make for sensible growth of power.

Dex-chan lover
Well, to be fair, I was reading this on-and-off, so I don't have 20/20 vision on this one -- but it sure didn't felt like the author had any more punches to pull with the power levels.
"Wyze", as a tool, stopped being worked on in the last arc. The MC even fused 2 wyze-methods together, and then it just went away, forgotten.

Are there technically ways to make level 6~10 more interesting? Maybe...But at the same time, as a semi-sensible martial-arts story, you want it to be a relatively grounded story. And not have your characters become a Saint / Daoist ascendant that can blow up mountains with a flick of a finger.

I personally felt like the story managed to tap itself out, but I do agree that after giving it some thought, if the author really wanted, or could, there is enough room to make for sensible growth of power.

Not really,after merging 2 wyzes his next step was going up a level. There are plenty of things to explore, the world building after the civil war arc went to pretty much 0. Despite going on a trip most stuff remained unexplored, characters unutilized

If we are talking about being grounded, fighting the dragon from wyze 6 to near 10 was absurd. The dragon after being annoyed would have 1 shot him at wyze 7 or 8. Or kil the mages in between

The whole last battle was far from grounded.

I agree the story tapped itself out but, but that is due to the author giving up on world building and rushing to the end arc. I think he just got bored and decided to end it, so much so he even forgot to make the MC a monarch despite the title

Personally I started reading this from chapter 1 thinking maybe I am the Monarch got a manga. But eventually found out it wasn't but similar concept. But now I am pretty disappointed how this turned out. It seems like this was too much for the author to handle

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Not really,after merging 2 wyzes his next step was going up a level. There are plenty of things to explore, the world building after the civil war arc went to pretty much 0. Despite going on a trip most stuff remained unexplored, characters unutilized

If we are talking about being grounded, fighting the dragon from wyze 6 to near 10 was absurd. The dragon after being annoyed would have 1 shot him at wyze 7 or 8. Or kil the mages in between

The whole last battle was far from grounded.

I agree the story tapped itself out but, but that is due to the author giving up on world building and rushing to the end arc. I think he just got bored and decided to end it, so much so he even forgot to make the MC a monarch despite the title

Personally I started reading this from chapter 1 thinking maybe I am the Monarch got a manga. But eventually found out it wasn't but similar concept. But now I am pretty disappointed how this turned out. It seems like this was too much for the author to handle

I agree the last fight was anything but grounded, yes.
And I am clearly not too invested in the story, overall I agree with what you wrote there.

Users who are viewing this thread