Sunadokei

Probably Ashihara Hinako's best work, with demographics located at some weird point in shoujo-josei-seinen ternary graph.

At its core it's fairly typical coming of age story (crafted with tropes commonly used in titles targeting mentioned audiences), but really, really nicely done.

Banned
Bweh. As young gurl I liked it well enough, but rereading was a bummer. Shoujo presentation and characters' behaviour - cognition patterns typical for the genre don't really mesh well with more serious elements of the story, and even as twentysomethings the actors here can't truly seem to let go of them. It creates a weird dissonance, because even though the reader can clearly see them growing as people in some areas, over the longer periods of time they still more or less (and more often than not) act like you'd expect a cast in a comic targeting adolescent girls as its primary audience to behave.

Wasted potential, but I guess it's expected from something that started in Betsucomi and took only three years to conclude. Way above its contemporaries, but overall only a decent read.

started reading this on a whim, did not expect it’d be this good. many dried tears on my face rn

Users who are viewing this thread