Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai

i tolerated the salaryman for the first couple of chapters, but now I get the impression he's just desperate. Initially I didn't think so but thats the impression he's leaving me with the way he acts. Also, the new child that was introduced is annoying lol hopefully he gets canned.

The first half (of the chapters) is pretty good, but takes a nosedive around where the "pet/bird robot" shows up.
I wish the MC was a little more aggressive, but sadly it seems like the Japanese authors are doing their damnest to keep robots (particularly waifubots) in a "good light".

the new chapters really went into the "when does the artificial intelligence stops being artificial?" and "who deservers to have rights in roboticized society?" side of things and i love it. im really happy this didn't turn out to be some fetish fulfilment fantasy and instead chose to be a comfy manga about a married couple (although an unconventional one).
eagerly waiting for the new chapters, especially those focusing on super mina's need for being loved and/or accepted. that's really interesting to me!

Dex-chan lover
I really hope a new scanlator group picks this back up.
Even though this manga isn't what I had expected, with some characters and plots being slightly dull or odd at times, it remains interesting overall with decent potential still which keeps me reading.

Although, worst case, the English License is at Volume 4, while we're close to ending Volume 6, if not just now.
So if no one ever picks this up, I'll continue reading it later once the License catches up.

Group Leader
I really hope a new scanlator group picks this back up.
Even though this manga isn't what I had expected, with some characters and plots being slightly dull or odd at times, it remains interesting overall with decent potential still which keeps me reading.

Although, worst case, the English License is at Volume 4, while we're close to ending Volume 6, if not just now.
So if no one ever picks this up, I'll continue reading it later once the License catches up.
I've already announced my group E.N.D Scans have picked up this project!

Dex-chan lover
It's kinda sick, don't you think?
It's not cute robot-like humans like in Chobits or Eve no Jikan. This is a dude "marrying" his rice cooker kitchen appliance, while saving money to attach more human resembling parts to it.
The way it's going, the author will (and already kinda has) say that she's more than just a thing and that she's special and uh a she and not an it... But imagine if the author didn't, a tragedy type series like this would be interesting and morbidly hilarious.

Fed-Kun's army
This was a fun feel ride... right up until the robot kid showed up. I guess kaiju movies aren't the only thing kids can ruin.

Leaving aside reproduction, for now... imagine you were hit on the head as a child, and grew up unable to feel emotions, outside of a dim pride in your work. (This is also an emotion, but lemme have this one broken rule.)

If you had that one emotion, could you love someone back by working out why they did things for you, and trying to figure out how to do things for them? Love is a messy emotion, and people love each other for very impure reasons: we love what they do for us. If you were a sarariman, and your wife stayed at home keeping house and watching the kids, you'd love her for it, and you would appreciate her care by taking her out, buying gifts, etc. If she became partly crippled, you might end up caring for her more than before, as now she needs this from you.

Extending that to all the messiness of human relationships, Mina was our vehicle to explore that space, and it was a fun ride.

Then this manga become a load of uninformed BS about AI rights, not unlike Questionable Content, and the fun ride became a dumb ride. Pity, it was 10/10.

This was a fun feel ride... right up until the robot kid showed up. I guess kaiju movies aren't the only thing kids can ruin.

Leaving aside reproduction, for now... imagine you were hit on the head as a child, and grew up unable to feel emotions, outside of a dim pride in your work. (This is also an emotion, but lemme have this one broken rule.)

If you had that one emotion, could you love someone back by working out why they did things for you, and trying to figure out how to do things for them? Love is a messy emotion, and people love each other for very impure reasons: we love what they do for us. If you were a sarariman, and your wife stayed at home keeping house and watching the kids, you'd love her for it, and you would appreciate her care by taking her out, buying gifts, etc. If she became partly crippled, you might end up caring for her more than before, as now she needs this from you.

Extending that to all the messiness of human relationships, Mina was our vehicle to explore that space, and it was a fun ride.

Then this manga become a load of uninformed BS about AI rights, not unlike Questionable Content, and the fun ride became a dumb ride. Pity, it was 10/10.
Do you have any recs that explores the original premise before the AI rights bs?

Dex-chan lover
Jiro Sugiura seemed to be hinting about a major announcement for the past few days on his Twitter.

The obvious conclusion was that it was an anime announcement and I was hoping it would be an adaptation of this manga but I was suspecting it might actually be for The Fake Alchemist considering the latter is an isekai fantasy, which would seemingly be an easier sell in today's late night anime environment, so I was pleasantly surprised that the announcement was indeed for an anime adaptation of My Wife Has No Emotion manga rather than the isekai manga (which I'm sure will also get an anime sooner or later).

Dex-chan lover
b8f3dc0b7d925e78a2a964c732fc8b8e_957b813dddc3d95a6301c69e2e5736d3.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread